About to take the plunge

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A quick hello to all you well informed techies.I think I must be the only guy in the world still watching a crt tv (phillips 32 pixel plus ).Have started to have a look around at the flat screen market and boy is it a minefield for the un informed !

I think that I have identified that I want 42 inch screen freesat built in as terrestial signal is non existant in my part of Bournemouth,and wi fi connectivity.I have looked at many and to date the one that appeals is a panasonic TXL42D25B.

Please bombard me with advice as I wish to get my purchase right.

Thanks

Dek

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Dude i can tell you now you are not. I currently have a 19'' goodmans with a built in vcr and a back like j lo,hooked up to a stereo and x box. its just sad!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Soopafly49: and a back like j lo!

I seriously doubt your tv looks as good as those curves
emotion-4.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Advice ~

Dont be taken in by manufacturers specs as most are meaningless

Look for reviews as per this magazine and other sites (Id love to post them, but WHF get a little upset if we do)
Dont compare them in a shop as theyre NEVER set correctly (Calibrated etc)

Id definitely be buying a full 1080P tv in this day and age

make sure it has at least 3 hdmis (For the future) and whatever connections you need now (Dont just look at number of scarts, make sure theyre RGB compatible too)

Main thing id be looking for is a good scaler (Making the picture 'scale' to fit the screen)

If you play games then youll need a 'low LAG' tv (NOT to be confused
with 'response time' which is something else entirely)

Most flatscreen tvs sound pretty poor, so you might want to factor that in if your not going to use with an external sound device

Personally id be looking at Panasonic plasmas, Sony LCDs or Samsung (either)

Any questions feel free to ask away :)

A

Anonymous

Im like yourself so went to the best buys in the review sections of this website. They gave 5 stars to the samsung le40b550 so thats what i have on order.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts