about to buy Panasonic TH-46PZ85 - any reasons not too....my concerns

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i currently have a samsung 32" LCD m87 100hz. i really like the picture in HD and SD though skyHD box.

Now i want to go bigger! i think 46". im only 3 to3.5 m away from TV set:

Concerns:

SD (through skyhd) on larger TV will look poor?

Never had Plasma but rread its better on larger screens? what can i expect?

was also considering samsung LCD le46a786 but dont like the blue/red tinted glass...

Anything else to consider?

any good prices in London for pickup!?

A

Anonymous

Also, should i hold off for a while as all the new models are being released..?

Will the price drop dramatically?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Its up to you if you wait, there will always be a "next" model unfortunately.

I sit around 3 - 3.5m away from my 42PZ85 and SD looks cracking, HD blows me away. Do i feel I should have bought a 46"? Yes, but I cant comment on what difference that would make to the SD PQ. Hope this helps

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
if i was you bobby i would wait i to was going to get the th-46pz85 i had the 42pz80 and wanted the intelligent frame creation which is on the z85- z81- and -z800 series im hoping to get the 46g10 series which is full hd has 600hz sub field drive as well as inteligent frame creation pro and a 2 million to 1 dynamic ratio i reckon the picture quality is gonna be in a different league this year i want more of the big screen experience this time and i think that a 46 inch should do the trick.

A

Anonymous

does anyone know what is the equivelent model to the PZ4285 in the new line up as all the numbers are very confusing,thanks.

A

Anonymous

Closest model appears to be the TX-P46S10 which will retail at £1299 compared to the RRP of the 46PZ85 at £1599.

A

Anonymous

Hi,would it be more like the V10 orG15 models,I have just looked at the V10 model on panasonics site and it looks stunning.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

There's always something newer, thinner, better around the corner but the TV you've picked out it a belter. A mate of mine has one. The best news is that with the new range just about to hit stores, you can get some great deals on this set right now. Spend some of the money you'll save on a professional ISF calibration to get a picture that beats any of the 2009 models out of the box or calibrated with a disc.ÿ

A

Anonymous

simoncar:Hi,would it be more like the V10 orG15 models,I have just looked at the V10 model on panasonics site and it looks stunning.

The S10 has IFC (not IFC Pro) and has Freeview only unlike the other models which have Freesat too. The only thing the S10 does not have compared to the PZ85 is the BBE ViVA surround sound 'effect'.

A

Anonymous

alsina:Closest model appears to be the TX-P46S10 which will retail at £1299 compared to the RRP of the 46PZ85 at £1599.In 2008 models the PZ80 was the entry 1080p model and the PZ85 was the next one up. In the 2009 models the S10 is the entry level 1080p model , and the G10 is the next one up.

Having said that, the S10 now has extras over the Z80 like 400Hz IFC, Surround sound, optical audio output, plays video off SD card, more shades of grey and better contrast (and hence better colours). So the S10 should be better PQ than the Z85 with more bells and whistles.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that i just have not been happy with the look of the currant range,but will still be considerating it if a good deal can be had.

A

Anonymous

simoncar:Hi,would it be more like the V10 orG15 models,I have just looked at the V10 model on panasonics site and it looks stunning.

That V10 does look terrific. Makes me wonder if I did the right thing when I bought an LX5090 the other day. Any idea on pricing yet?

TRENDING THREADS