about to buy a Roksan Kandy K2 amp and cd player

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

I'm looking to buy the K2 amp and CD player, and have just noticed the prices have dropped to 750 GBP for the K2 amp and CD player. Does anyone know something I don't?

Also, just spoke to a supplier in Gloucester and they said that they think that they are both not very good, which is different to the reviews I've read.

I'm looking to pair them with the Dali ikon 6's (mk1), and just wonder if anyone had a view?

Paul

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Paul - they're both award winning products and both exceptional.

The price drop was made by Henley Designs as a special promotion. The Dali Ikon 6's should be a good match and would be well connected with Chord Epic Speaker cable (or at the very least Chord Silver Screen BiWire)

A

Anonymous

I demo'd the Roksan combo last week and it was excellent. As it happens, the dealer screwed his nose up when I mentioned the Roksans and was pushed me towards Arcam. Even once I had heard both systems and I had made it clear I liked the Roksans better, he still, gently, continued to poo-poo the Roksans. Perhaps he really preferred the Arcams, or perhaps makes more profit on them - I don't know.

Moral: don't listen to what the dealer says, arrange some demos and bring your own CDs. I'm very glad I did! It was an easy decision post-demo.

A

Anonymous

I have all roksan gear except speakers now. And to my ears it was the best sounding combo I auditioned, punched well above its weight and put other gear at that price range to shame....and yes, no-one seems to push it for some reason. Its all multi award winning stuff though and I guess it must sell itself!

A

Anonymous

Interestingly, in my demo the Roksan combo sounded great with AVI Neutron V & Leema Xero speakers, however sounded terrible with Quad 11L speakers. Really bad actually. I expect the Roksans to sound great with your Dali speakers - but you probably should demo just in case!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts