A worthwhile Palava!

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Finally got around to filling my stands today... got the top plate off no problem and thought it would be quite straightforward from there.

O no! at the top of the hollow support is a square of metal welded in with a hole for the allen screw and either side a small slit.

My dear long suffering wife produced a funnel... too big! then bless her, she made a paper funnel and slid it down the side and proceeded to painstakingly fill all eight supports for me... well, two thirds full.

The granite work top savers will arive on Thursday, but I can honestly say, even without them, sitting here listening to Bon Ivor, there is a definite marked improvement.

Imaging is more holographic and base much tighter... thanks Cno for the tips and guidance.

Cheers

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mac

Glad I didn't talk you into a lot of messing about for no good reason.

Things should improve again with the Granite.....at least that should take less faffing.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Mac, did the Granite give any extra benefit?

Sadly not Cno. However, I am really pleased with the results from filling the stands with rice and the granite hasn't gone to waste, 3 have gone under the amp and CDP and gave the 4th to Mrs Mac by way of thanks for all her help and patience... who needs flowers!

grin.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:

Sadly not Cno. However, I am really pleased with the results from filling the stands with rice and the granite hasn't gone to waste, 3 have gone under the amp and CDP and gave the 4th to Mrs Mac by way of thanks for all her help and patience... who needs flowers!

grin.gif

I think that shows the rice is doing a great job and preventing the vibrations reaching the floor.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:

grin.gif

I think that shows the rice is doing a great job and preventing the vibrations reaching the floor.

I make you right, thanks again Cno.

Still got a hankering to add to the Sugden, or change it. Seen a few options in the last couple of days... a Graaf pre, or there's a Luxman L550A ii intergrated and a Griffin Callisto, both at a very good price... any thoughts?

Cheers

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
I make you right, thanks again Cno.

Still got a hankering to add to the Sugden, or change it. Seen a few options in the last couple of days... a Graaf pre, or there's a Luxman L550A ii intergrated and a Griffin Callisto, both at a very good price... any thoughts?

Cheers

Mac

I think you need to hear what Acalex and Roby have to say, after their adventurous day.

The AMS35i and Inpol are my favorite integrated amps under £10k. Aside from that, you are looking at Sugden pre/power or MF Primo/35P.....either that or you need to head into Valves like Audio Note, Icon Audio, Unison Research, Jadis or Conrad Johnson, which could be your path if you remain restless.

You're setting very high standards, so it's not easy.

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts