A/V System need help please

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi evertone i need help i am undecided about what to do about an a/v system, i have a seperate hifi system for music , and want to run a seperate a/v system alongside , probally a budget system, and was wondering if something like a yamaha rvx373 with boston sound wave se and a panasonic 220 bluray would really out perform a one box system , would it be a lot better,, and do you have any other suggestions budget is 600.00 thanks.

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
hi , yes i did have a better set up some months ago have sold it due to losing my job, due to ill health, sleep aponea, so after 34 years the railway laid me off, and being on a small pension means i now have to budget , i sold all my gear and contributed it to my sons wedding ,i have a sec hand marntz pm6004 and marantz cd6004 , and a used paid of b/w 602 for music, the new gear for cinema is on hyperfi ebay site called hyperworld ,unforunatley this is where i have to buy now, and cant have the nice gear i used to sell and buy , sorry if i affended any one .

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
No offence taken, just wanting to clarify the setup, and I'm sorry to hear about the job loss. My view is the system you suggest will outperform an all in one. Are you able to demo? Having experience of a good setup you should be a decent judge of whether there's a difference, how significant it is and which you can live with.

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
thanks its been a big fall from earning good money and buying what you want and when, to having to compromise we had to move to a smaller house ,so lounge is 13x12, i know that a top end system wipes the floor against a one box system, but would a budget system do the same , big boss is correct the panny 110 is almost the same as the 220 so have saved there and the yamaha rvx is now 179.00 on web so its just speakers to go thanks for reply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts