A strange experiance . . .

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Ok. Error correction ought to prevent that sort of thing, but it sounds like something was going wrong. From what you said earlier:

the rips I am now making are noticeably better sounding than those from my old PC

I got the impression you were talking about qualitative improvements in SQ. This is obviously rather different.

Given that your music is now free of 'clicks and beeps' I am not surprised that:

even my wife has noticed and she didn't know I had changed anything.

Your impression was correct - the 'beep & click' versions were deleted and re-ripped until they worked so we only ever listened to the musical version. At a guess the ripping was interpolating (if that is the correct word) missing data and the new drive is getting the data more accurately.

To be honest I'm not too bothered about the cause, just happy with the sound quality through my SBT and enjoying the music.

Maybe everything is a placebo effect - I'm still happy with the sound though. :grin:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Well if you had error correction on and working properly on both drives, both files will have been identical, so it can only have been the placebo effect. Glad you're happy anyway :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts