A quick introduction from this new member

Chas_N_Dave

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, my friends call me Chas.

Like many people, I'm a middle aged child, with a love for comics and music. I was lucky enough, as a teenager to be given an old Leak stereo 20, a cassette deck, and some KEF Coda speakers. That opened the door for me into the wonderful world of the audiophile.

I spend a lot of time (much more currently) listening to music, generally as albums, rather than playlists. I try and listen to 5 new albums a week, but with the wealth of what's available these days, it can be difficult to know where to start.
Taste wise I like quite a varied selection, but my collection has a lot of Reggae of all kinds, Sixties and Seventies Rock, Blues, Soul and Funk, dance music from the Late Eighties onward, and a little classical (I'm slowly building this up). I am currently listening to albums I've had for ages, but which have been neglected. As I've recently upgraded my hi-fi I'm always looking for something new to hear, it brings me immense joy.

As i do not own a TV, I do not have any AV equipment, but my current set up is: -

Pre Amp - Naim Uniti Atom
Power Amp - Naim NAP 200DR
Speakers - Kef R7
Cpeaker Cable - QED Signature Genesis Silver
Digital and optical cables - Audioquest Carbon

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Chas_N_Dave

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi Chas,

Is that short for Charles?
Hi gel.
Strangely enough it's not short for Charles, it's actually not my real name. It's a nickname I was given back at school and it stuck. Since then it's essentially replaced the one my mum uses, so I even get introduced as Chas by friends when meeting new people.
Apparently I have a similar accent to Chas, from the band Chas 'n' Dave. If you're not familiar, I sound like a Cockney Market trader, which was unusual at my school.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

Chas_N_Dave

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
12th Monkey, space is my other passion. I watched Cassini launch from near Cape Canaveral in 1997, so it's got a special place for me. To me it's a perfect visual representation of what our species can achieve, if we put our minds to it, but it also acts as a reminder that nothing worth doing happens without hard work and time.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts