A question for Clare

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Afternoon Clare,

Just a quick question on the big onk. Ive not done the S760 and Onk upscaling comparison yet but wanted to check the setting i need to put the onkyo on when doing this. You indicated on a previous thread that the onkyo would simply pass through the 1080p signal from the S760 and upscale the native resolution from the blu ray player. Would the monitor out setting need to be on auto for this or shoudl i just have it set on 1080p?

I'm also still not sure that there is a setting for native resolution on the S760......

Thanks in advance

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You can change the output resolution on the Sony manually, or let it select it automatically according to the source material. See manual p51.

And you can adjust the Onkyo's output resolution, or set it to 'Through' to just pass through whatever resolution is coming from the source. See Onkyo manual p53.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, am on US time (a very sunny 10am here). Anyway...what Andrew said
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:Globe trotting.........I really envy your jobs!!! Andrew is a frequent flier to Japan, & rest of you attend the CES!! Im sure she'd swap your wages Doctor BigBoss ,especially the last wages deal you guys recieved

Note -no disrespect intended

lesmor:

Im sure she'd swap your wages Doctor BigBoss ,especially the last wages deal you guys recieved

Note -no disrespect intended

Actually, the GPs & dentists have secured the wages deal, not hospital doctors like me.

A

Anonymous

Well said BigBoss, how many MPs (reviewers) are attending the CES? out of curiosity

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm not sure whether any MPs are attending CES. If they are, they haven't exactly been making their presence felt.

I'm not sure what 'MPs (reviewers)' means, since I don't know of any MPs who are reviewers, or indeed vice versa.

But if the question is how many of the WHFSV reviewers have attended CES, the answer is one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts