A good wireless blu-ray player Wanted

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm moving house very shortly, ad when I move my current lot of AV equipment will have its own home (room). So need to get something for the lounge for more casual viewing. Don't want to spend too much as it will prob not get an awful lot of use. I think I'm going to need a BDP with wireless to access online content. I have thought about the Sony S370 but will need to fork out extra for the wireless dongle. Bearing in mind outright PQ/SQ is not the main driving force are there any budget options for me anyone can reccommend ?

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the LGBD390 and it's wireless with 1gb of on board storage, USB at front under a concealed flap. It has multi ch out as well as coax and digital. It looks expensive and the loading mechanism is quality. Surely I have sold it to you? Lol PQ/SQ is great and I was lucky enough to try this and the panny 85 side by side at home. IMO and mine only I preferred the LG.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for the suggestions I've had a quick google of the Sony & LG I'm not sure they're exactly what I'm after. I should have said that the main attraction for me would be iplayer. Perhaps I should go for a PS3, I had one before but sold it as I hardly used it for gaming but it does so much more as well and as I'll prob be spending less than £500 on a TV ultimate PQ is not my main aim.
I have my Marantz when I need to indulge

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
JoelSim:Why don't you just get the S570 instead?

Thanks so much. This is exactly what I'm after.
Knew I could trust you guys to come up trumps

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Nothing like acting on impulse.
I'm not moving for 4 weeks but had a look at some retailers prices and the Amazon price of £175 (including free Super Saver Delivery) seemed like one I should go for. It's £220 on play.com
Got my dad a 370 a month or so ago so if it's at least as good as that I'll be happy.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
well done for making a choice, enjoy the new purchsae
emotion-2.gif

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I managed to get the 570 Multi-region for 179 from RS after igning up on thier newsletter discount thing.

You wont be disappointed - its a fabulous player. Best thing I've bought in ages. The irony is I haven't even watched many blu-rays on it. It just does so much else.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Got it today. I must say even hooked up to my 720p portable (just to test) the PQ looked exceptional.
One thing. It did seem to have quite a noisy operation. Is this usual.
No I couldn't hear it over the soundtrack but just not what I'm used to

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just like to say thanks to those who reccommended this player. Haven't really had a chance to use it yet but gad 10 minutes today and it's just connected to my wireless perfectly. Iplayer is running perfectly as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts