a few questions about my sky dish and freesat

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

I've only just found out i may be able to use my sky dish (unplugged for the last year) with a freesat tv/ freesat box.

I was planning to buy an lcd tv anyway so if the above will work then should i:

- get a IDTV (with freesat built in)

- get a normal hd lcd and a hd freesat box

if anyone knows what the best option is please let me know

cheers

A

Anonymous

My Sky dish hadn't been plugged in for about 4 years before I got my Foxsat HDR so, with luck, you'll be fine with yours.

I'm lucky and have a maximum strength signal so I get very good reception and even in the worst weather have no problems.

I got my Sony 40W2000 several years ago, and the Foxsat HDR gives me a very good picture with that, but I'd certainly consider a tv with Freesat built in if were changing.

The big advantage of the Foxsat HDR is that I have all the facilities of SKY+ like pause and rewind, as well as recording, but don't have to pay a subscription. I have an external Hard Drive plugged into mine as I'm an avid collector of Time Team programmes, and the Foxsat fills up quite quickly.

No Freeserve here, and when it eventually arrives it'll be no more than 22 channels. I'm on a fixed income so didn't want to be paying to Sky every month.

A

Anonymous

Ive just bought the Panasonic TH-50pz81b which has freesat built in which i totally recommend, if this TV is too big, they do make other sizes with built in tuners, I contacted local ariel engineer who charged me £50 to run a cable from the dish plus a new LNB and was watching HD with 20 mins.ÿ

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

The separates route will give you more flexibility. You'll be able to record on the PVR while watching something else, buying a Freesat TV alone, you won't have the ability to record.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

I've got an old satellite dish bought with the house 8 years ago and never used. I've just had it connected up to a Humax Foxsat HDR as I can't get Freeview where I live. It works a treat. Don't forget you'll need a twin LNB to run two connections to the Freesat box to make full use of the twin tuners. I've always gone for the "separates" solution as it gives greater flexibility.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts