A decent upgrade for CD transport

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At the moment I'm using transport+DAC combo with intergrated amp and a pair of bookshelves. I have come to realise that the transport is just as important as DAC. I know some of you may want to get technical about the jitter issue, that's why i bought CEC 51xr to function purely as a transport, it's a top loading with a heavy puck, belt drive technology, my DAC is NOS MHDT Havana(a tubed DAC) which I intend to keep as I'm really into NOS sound but can't afford Audio Note. My intergrated amp is Plinius 8200mk2, which drives a pair of Spendor(SP2/3R)

The sound is quite musical, organic and smooth, but when listening to rock or electronic music it lacks a bit of edge.

My question is should I take the amp route or transport? I think apart from the jitter theory, every component plays a part in travelling the signal, those of you who are familiar with the Spendor speakers, they're not the last words in detail, i just wanna get a better balance without losing that musical and organic sound. A better CDP which emphasises more on detail but not all mid range? I'm thinking Roksan Caspian 2 (as transport), here's what i fancy, clean and defined bass, with realistic timbre, and smooth high. Not sure if I'm on the right track. Thank you all in advance.

andy

A

Anonymous

mac music server plus lavry or similar dac cuts out the transport and most of the jitter

IJ

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Just sitting here trying to imagine what a musical organic sound sounds like.

For me i think a speaker change would give me a better option to change the edge/sound rather than the transport.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Altho a lot of fuss is made about the belt drive in your transport a few corners were cut elsewhere in production. It may be that a replacement would yield better results.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts