A certain CD92T on ebay...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
JoelSim:The funniest thing will be that when I get it home, she'll say 'That's exactly the same, what are you wasting money for'.

Little does she know that it's got 4 Wolfson DACs and a quadruple carbonfibre microprocessor circuit board. How excited will she be when I tell her that!

You can always show her the rave review here at a list price of £900 - every woman loves a bargain!
emotion-2.gif

Clare, I would be eternally grateful if you could give me access to the full WHF review from a few years back. I'm not sure this one would really turn her on even if Mike Tyson was to bite her ear!

As the song goes, I'm so excited, I just can't hide it....

Having a final listen to the CD92 now but must bear in mind I have a client meeting at 9am. Must bear in mind, must bear in mind [to fade]

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Good man. I think there are a few of us...Clare's husband must think he's died and gone to heaven. If my Missus came home with a new piece of hifi then I think I would ask her to marry me on the spot.

I came home with a Linn Classik and some little Epos one day as a second system for the bedroom and she said they were ugly and made me sell them. Mind you, the money bought a Pure DAB thing and part of my ProAcs in the kitchen so wasn't all bad ;-)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:Good man. I think there are a few of us...Clare's husband must think he's died and gone to heaven. If my Missus came home with a new piece of hifi then I think I would ask her to marry me on the spot.

I came home with a Linn Classik and some little Epos one day as a second system for the bedroom and she said they were ugly and made me sell them. Mind you, the money bought a Pure DAB thing and part of my ProAcs in the kitchen so wasn't all bad ;-)

"made me sell them"...

Do you own a pair of trousers?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fr0g:JoelSim:Good man. I think there are a few of us...Clare's husband must think he's died and gone to heaven. If my Missus came home with a new piece of hifi then I think I would ask her to marry me on the spot.

"made me sell them"...

Do you own a pair of trousers?

The thing I've learnt over the years is you lose a little battle to win the war. The Linn/Epos combo was pretty average actually too.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I managed to leave the back door unlocked this morning. On the day that I removed my CD player to the post office.

She thought we'd been burgled.

Then when I put the new one in place she wasn't around and she took a double take. It was pretty obvious what her mind was thinking. 'That looks exactly the bloody same'.

Just wait til I tell her it has 4 Wolfson DACs...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts