A certain CD92T on ebay...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been browsing the Bay, when I came across a certain Arcam CD92T being sold by a certain person on this site! You know who you are!

Just thought I would ask though, why is he/she selling it, because I'm quite interested...
And what are you upgrading too?!

A

Anonymous

Ive seen new cd192's, on ebay in the last few days for BIN £399

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
That is exactly why. Picked meself up a CD192 last night so now need to sell the 92. Shame as it's such a nice machine but hey the chance of a new one for £400 was too much to resist...

You are of course welcome to bid. I have 10 watchers and I only put it on late last night.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well I got £275 plus £20 postage for it and the new one has cost me £415 inc postage, so it's cost me £120. I think that's pretty good business.

John Duncan

Yeah but how are you going to do the swap without your wife noticing Joel?

emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You see I can't do that as I have to post the 92 to the buyer. I had it all set up for 7th July when I have a day off and she is at work, but now that's still 2 weeks way so I need to hold off the buyer for too long really. I think it will have to be undercover of darkness.

A

Anonymous

whenever i buy new kit i allways tell the mrs that i bought it cheap out the paper or from my local seconhand shop or that i swapped it for a same price bit of kit.

Or i massively lie about the price of it. (wheres the receipt " i lost it")

Unless the bit of kit looks near enough the same that is

A

Anonymous

You could say it needs to go off for repairs.(send it to off to winner). And when your new one gets here, its the old one innit?!. not that i would ever do anything like that..... ;-)

A

Anonymous

or to improve on that one you could say they couldnt repair it and they have had to replace it with a simular model.

Perfect, (im a professional liar)

John Duncan

matt444_2000:
or to improve on that one you could say they couldnt repair it and they have had to replace it with a simular model.

Perfect, (im a professional liar)

Yeah! Send the 92 for a 'service'!

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
After having a low budget NAD system for 8 years i upgraded the amp and cd player twice in fairly quick succession in the last 12 months......... After the initial shock, my wife came around to the idea that i 'had' to do it once she realised the net cost after my ebay sales wasnt too much after all......... However it is fair to say i did do some generous roundings in one or two of my figures to make it add up........ I too took advantage of some great Arcam prices at the moment and felt it was too good an opportunity to miss. I am delighted i went for it though so all is well ........ I am still quite interested in some of those Proac Signature 8 speakers though if i could find somewhere to demo them.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Ah but in the last year I've spent a considerable amount of money upgrading and i promised I woudn't by anything else for at least 2 years

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I got my Sigs from audiologica.co.uk on a special, about 40% discount brand new. He doesn't usually have them but it's worth asking him. He's called Richard.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:It was kind of a forced promise.

Well if you didn't mean it then you're in the clear.(like having your fingers crossed) You can proceed to deceive with clear conscience! :)

Oh If you get rumbled don't tell her it was them wot made you do it. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts