768 v 1080i v 1080p - LCD tv with a standard signal

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to join the LCD revoloution!!!
But am a real novice!!!
Want an LCd tv and will use it with my sky+ box. Will also upgrade the dvd to an upscaling dvd player. Also will use a playstation 2.
Probably wont upgrade to hd for a good while yet.
Fancy a Samsung Le32r878bdx but not sure if i need to go for a 1080 set

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mark Kavanagh"]

I want to join the LCD revoloution!!!
But am a real novice!!!
Want an LCd tv and will use it with my sky+ box. Will also upgrade the dvd to an upscaling dvd player. Also will use a playstation 2.
Probably wont upgrade to hd for a good while yet.
Fancy a Samsung Le32r878bdx but not sure if i need to go for a 1080 set

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

[/quote]

I suppose it depends on whether you have anything that will run 1080p. I currently have my LE37M87 hooked up to my PS3 and BluRay discs look really good through it. Don't think there are any 1080p 32" TVs out there so you'd need to go for at least a 37"

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
As ahar points out, it's certainly worth considering whether you will be using your screen for any 1080, HD content in the near future. But even so, we'd never recommend that you buy a TV, or any piece of AV kit for that matter, based on specifications alone - the numbers game can be a misleading one. We've seen plenty of lower resolution screens beat higher specified sets, including Full HD TVs. The main thing is to buy a good TV, which, without blowing our own trumpets unduly, we think we can help you with - check out our 32in Supertest in our August issue...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts