7.1 surround

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i currently have use the kef3005se speaker package 5.1 surround on my onkyo tx-sr 605 homecinema receiver.
I also have a separates hifi system marantz amp and cd player and kef Q7 floor standing speaker i was thinking of using the kef Q7 as my main front speakers and using the other 2 fronts as the surround back speakers would anyone recommend the Q7 as part of a homecinema set up or am i best to buy 2 more speakers from the same range of the kef3005se speakers to set up my 7.1 set up.
Also a bit confused as my Q7 have 4 inputs for each speaker how would i connect this to my receiver i have read the manual but its slightly confusing mentions something called bi wirable???

My Tv is a sony bravia 46inch 1080p using the sony bdp 350 blu ray player and sky + HD.

Would be helpful if anyone have a set up using floorstand speakers.

A

Anonymous

Bips:Also a bit confused as my Q7 have 4 inputs for each speaker how would i connect this to my receiver i have read the manual but its slightly confusing mentions something called bi wirable???

Yep these speakers can be bi-wired (or bi-amped) - you can take the outputs for front B and wire these to the 3rd and 4th terminal of each speaker and play speaker sets A+B through front speakers simultaneously....

I have my stereo seperates speakers bi-amped and they sound great - I'm no techy so can't explain why it works...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Q7's may not sound as good on the Onkyo as they do with your Marantz amp, but there's nothing stopping you using the Q7's to replace the front two speakers and going 7.1. If you do do this, I'd recommend picking up a used matching centre speaker (Q6c?) as the little 3005 centre will struggle to keep up with the Q7's.

Don't worry about bi-wiring. Just run your normal two core speaker cable and keep the links that are in the binding posts on the back of the speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts