6ohms or 8ohms

Jamestechnics

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi All.

I am new here and wonder if any one has any advice on my speakers to buy. I have a Technics SU-V4 amp running a Pioneer PL-514 turntable but need speakers.

The Speaker load impeadance on the amp is 4 ohms to 16 ohms I take it this means that I can use 4, 6, or 8 ohms speakers?

Thanks in advance, Jim.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Jamestechnics said:
The Speaker load impeadance on the amp is 4 ohms to 16 ohms I take it this means that I can use 4, 6, or 8 ohms speakers?

Yup, and remember that the impedance figure quoted for speakers is only nominal: the actual impedance varies along with frequency on all speakers, to a lesser or greater degree.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Jamestechnics said:
Hi All.

I am new here and wonder if any one has any advice on my speakers to buy. I have a Technics SU-V4 amp running a Pioneer PL-514 turntable but need speakers.

Thanks in advance, Jim.

I'd just listen to loads of different speakers until you find the ones you like the sound of best, for your budget. Your Amp should be fine driving any of them.

TRENDING THREADS