550 superchargers from MF

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys was bored and came across these on ebay going quite cheap. Out of interest how do these perform as simple mono blocks? I understand they add their own colouration to sound when using in conjucntion with other amps but how are they on their own as monos? Andrew maybe?

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Octopo!
Thing is i get the impression that the reviewers only used them as superchargers whereas im more interested in their ability as plain mono blocks fed from a preamp?

A

Anonymous

Yeh, I just wondered if you had seen that. I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this too as I'm mildly tempted!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
If these are now reduced in price, it's not because they are a bad product. it's because most of us have neighbours.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
That's precisely what I said to my neighbour just before he took an axe to them.
lol.gif

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I would be careful with 150 watts a side in a modern terraced house, but 550 watts a side... good for the occasional party I suppose. Do you know anyone who has these?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Strange that the superchargers were launched only a few months ago, as the next big thing. Obviously not. The problem may lie in the fact that most people who are into hifi and can afford/want this kind of thing, biwire/biamp which is no good for the superchargers

ÿ

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Strange that the superchargers were launched only a few months ago, as the next big thing. Obviously not. The problem may lie in the fact that most people who are into hifi and can afford/want this kind of thing, biwire/biamp which is no good for the superchargers

They are designed to boost the dynamics of a lower powered integrated though.

A

Anonymous

I've always thought that if you had that much cash to spend then you'd buy a better amp! Unless you live in a hall I'm sure that would be a better call.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
They are very clever products but why you would ever have a need for them?!

I suppose for those who own a fantastic but low watts amp like EAR or Puresound and wanted a pair of speakers that very hard to drive, the superchargers could make sense.

TRENDING THREADS