550 for RX6 and 650 for RX8 too good to be true?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
007L2Thrill:canada16:

Cant listen to them as they are 186 miles away, but the seller did offer.

Will keep an eye on the seller to see if he is shifting more, and will contact him in about a week as he says he has lots.

Dont want to rush into it, as 550 is a lot of money.

Also been reading some RX6 posts and some people are saying they got them for 600 and 650 on sale at hi-fi shops, I cant even see them lower than 750 on-line, so If I go in with cash, will they lower the price ? or is it just they were lucky.

If you can't listen to them, you still got paypal to back you up as if the speakers are not what they say they are then you can return them to the seller and paypal will refund your money.

Going in to a hifi store and flashing your cash can help, it worked for me 2 times and a few other times it didn't, I went in to super fi a long time ago and seen a Toshiba DVD player I wanted, they was selling it for £165 and because richer sounds are over the road from them I just kept saying I will go over to see if they have it any cheaper, holding my wallet in my hand, anyway I got it for £95, in richer sounds it was £135 so got it for £40 cheaper, so it can work, what hifi stores have you got by you? as my local hifi shop by me will not shift on any price that they have advertised, so you can guess I never go there lol!

Sounds like you went to the Birmingham store, I did a similar thing when I bought my Denon!
emotion-21.gif

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Pindi:007L2Thrill:canada16:

Cant listen to them as they are 186 miles away, but the seller did offer.

Will keep an eye on the seller to see if he is shifting more, and will contact him in about a week as he says he has lots.

Dont want to rush into it, as 550 is a lot of money.

Also been reading some RX6 posts and some people are saying they got them for 600 and 650 on sale at hi-fi shops, I cant even see them lower than 750 on-line, so If I go in with cash, will they lower the price ? or is it just they were lucky.

If you can't listen to them, you still got paypal to back you up as if the speakers are not what they say they are then you can return them to the seller and paypal will refund your money.

Going in to a hifi store and flashing your cash can help, it worked for me 2 times and a few other times it didn't, I went in to super fi a long time ago and seen a Toshiba DVD player I wanted, they was selling it for £165 and because richer sounds are over the road from them I just kept saying I will go over to see if they have it any cheaper, holding my wallet in my hand, anyway I got it for £95, in richer sounds it was £135 so got it for £40 cheaper, so it can work, what hifi stores have you got by you? as my local hifi shop by me will not shift on any price that they have advertised, so you can guess I never go there lol!

Sounds like you went to the Birmingham store, I did a similar thing when I bought my Denon!
emotion-21.gif

SPOT ON!
emotion-21.gif
, they know they have to compete with richer sounds over the road, but to be honest just lastly are super fi getting cheaper than richer sounds or is it just the Birmingham store.

A

Anonymous

Well he has just put them back on, 535 for the RX6 and 699 for the RX8.

And thats what they sold for last time.

So so tempting.

apart of me wants to hear the review for the New BX series as they are looking sweet as well.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
canada16:

Well he has just put them back on, 535 for the RX6 and 699 for the RX8.

And thats what they sold for last time.

So so tempting.

apart of me wants to hear the review for the New BX series as they are looking sweet as well.

Donkey and the carrot comes to mind, iv just checked them out and they look fine and he didn't sell them last time so you may get them on your first bid, bit strange to me, posting them on 2nd class recorded, why don't he use interparcel or something as it be cheaper and safer.

I was watching a seller a week ago selling some tannoy eyris DC1 and DC3 together, I thought that will go for loads as in there day cost around 2K, but it surprised me that they sold for £527, bargain.

Well Canada, you have 9 days to bid and drive your self around the bend lol, if you are anything like me.

A

Anonymous

Dude been mulling it over for the past two weeks.

Its quite a bit of savings, but...................................... LOL

A

Anonymous

Save your money and buy from a well reputable dealer or online store at least you will have peace of mind.

TRENDING THREADS