Denon D-F102DAB - is it a good system? anyone have one or know how it is?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i found this mini seperates system from denon on ebay;

Denon D-F102DAB Mini Separates Hifi System CD DAB on eBay (end time 07-May-10 16:17:01 BST)

I have seen on superfi they have the df107 version which i assume the only difference is it has DAB+ and slightly higher wattage amplification??

Anyway i thought this is a very good price, so how is it?

I currently have mordaunt short 902i's speakers but no hi fi system as i sold it becuase the volume increments annoyed me, plus i was not happy with the sound i was getting on heavier tracks, i had the denon dm37 (if you read my other threads you would see what situation im in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well as you obviously seem determined to keep the speakers, buying blind is the worst possible thing you can do considering all the previous problems.

I've not heard your speakers, but from everything I've read they seem to need pretty careful matching which you will only achieve by auditioning. Then again, if you're also determined to keep them stuck in the corners of the ceiling no audition is going to give anything like a remotest representation of what they will actually sound like placed there.

All of the problems you had centred around your speakers and their positioning, not the Denon.

matthewpiano

I think the Denon would be a mistake given that you weren't happy with the other Denon system.

Take a look at the NAD C715DAB and also the TEAC systems, both of which tend to be a little warmer sounding and should help.

I do, however, agree with Sizzers' caveats about the room and positioning. Without paying attention to that side of things you are never going to get particularly great sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts