5.1 system rear speaker balance

efiste2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Just raplaced my old trusty Sony HTK215 surround system for a Sony HT-S20R 5.1 soundbar. Its a great replacement and im made up with it. There is only one slight "niggle" My listening position is much closer towards one of the rear channel speakers and there is no option for balance on the rear L/R speaker on the new system, whereas the older system was a little more flexible allowing me to offset the volume of the rears. My question is , is there a little box of tricks out there that would allow me to balance the rear speakers externally from the sound bar system iteself, eg in the wires leading to the rear speakers. Or could I simply connect a variable resistor in the speaker wire itself

Tinman1952

could I simply connect a variable resistor in the speaker wire itself
This might work. You could buy a potentiometer as just a ‘volume pot’ and connect the one channel. If you cannot move the speaker have you tried turning it away from your listening position? I don’t have my rear surrounds pointing at me but prefer a more ‘diffuse’ rear sound field.

Reactions: efiste2

Sliced Bread

If settings allow try reducing the distance (cm/inches) of the rear speakers.

This will make the fire in closer unison with the front speakers and may help them blend a little better.

(Edit: just to clarify I am referring to the distance settings in the menus and not the physical movement of the speaker)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts