4k vs 8 k vs 1080P

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I am not one of those that must have 4k . I have many hundreds of 4 k downloads (sport mainly) I collect boxing and wrestling recordings mainly from the internet . The 1080P and 720P /i i have hundreds of them , mainly from 2000. I found very little difference between 1080P and 4k played through my 50 inch screen . in quality But 720P there is . I can only play back 4k from my TCL and large PC monitors . The 2016 Sony cannot ,so no way of playback on USB the 4k .
What will be a problem is not some matches i have now are on 8k too , obviously using a 8 k camera. I just wonder this be the norm soon . How long i will have to get a 8k TV . the cost is high at the moment . Just hoping they continue with these fights recordings on 4k 1080P too.
Other alternative is to buy a large 50 inc monitor , but they expensive. So i will keep what i have now and record matches and other sports on both 1080P and 4 k as separate recording now from now onwards . Any advice ?

Oh yes i forgot to mention i am a coach advisor and mentor , for a ladies league of both wrestling and boxing . All the ladies involved are between 40 and 52 now . we have now 4 ladies 2 of which live in France. and a new lady ,we hope will join the team.
I just cannot see the point of 8k unless have a huge screen of 100 ins.

Last edited:

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
You won't have to get an 8K TV - 4K is hardly the standard at the moment. It'll be a long time, if ever, that you will have to upgrade to an 8K TV.
4K TVs sets are standard now just the transmissions are not. 8K i know this is available in Japan and Korea . But agin what is the point of making it available. ? well did several downloads last night and in 2480 P But what available in 1080 4k 5kand 8k . 5k is one not seen before is the 2160 ? Why 5k ???I assume a tv with 8k resolution is capable of 5k too ?

4K TVs sets are standard now just the transmissions are not. 8K i know this is available in Japan and Korea . But agin what is the point of making it available. ? well did several downloads last night and in 2480 P But what available in 1080 4k 5kand 8k . 5k is one not seen before is the 2160 ? Why 5k ???I assume a tv with 8k resolution is capable of 5k too ?
Your screen will scale the incoming signal (whatever resolution it is) to its own native resolution, unless it can't accept the signal, i.e., if the TV input can't accept 5K or 8K resolutions, or the carrier it uses.

TRENDING THREADS