alex123

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I am very new to this stuff and I want to build a system for my apartment's living room (~ 20m square / 215 square feet). I have visited a few shop around me and demoed some systems but the guys at the shop did not give me the impression they know what they are selling. So I come here.

I will use them with a SONY A90j tv and a PS5. I work from home and I always listen to music and headphones become tiring after a while. So the system will be used 70% music 30% games and movies.
I have listened to KEF Q750, Bower & Wilkins 603 s2, Wharfedale, Currently considering two options:
1. KEF R5 which come at a deal with an integrated amp (Cambridge EVO 150 or NAD M10 V2) both at around 3,500 EUR and I want to add an SVS SB-1000 pro for ~500EUR.
2. KEF LS50 Wireless II + KEF KF92 ~ 3,500EUR. Haven't listened to the ls50 yet but I heard only great things about

1. Do those amplifiers allow for these connection or do I have to get an AVR instead?
2. How much should I value the wireless connectivity? Can I also connect them to my PC ?

I am also open to any other suggestions within the price range. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Dom

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I am very new to this stuff and I want to build a system for my apartment's living room (~ 20m square / 215 square feet). I have visited a few shop around me and demoed some systems but the guys at the shop did not give me the impression they know what they are selling. So I come here.

I will use them with a SONY A90j tv and a PS5. I work from home and I always listen to music and headphones become tiring after a while. So the system will be used 70% music 30% games and movies.
I have listened to KEF Q750, Bower & Wilkins 603 s2, Wharfedale, Currently considering two options:
1. KEF R5 which come at a deal with an integrated amp (Cambridge EVO 150 or NAD M10 V2) both at around 3,500 EUR and I want to add an SVS SB-1000 pro for ~500EUR.
2. KEF LS50 Wireless II + KEF KF92 ~ 3,500EUR. Haven't listened to the ls50 yet but I heard only great things about

1. Do those amplifiers allow for these connection or do I have to get an AVR instead?
2. How much should I value the wireless connectivity? Can I also connect them to my PC ?

I am also open to any other suggestions within the price range. Thanks in advance.

TBH i think your short list is pretty good. just make sure you have the connectivity you need for your tv and PS5

Another option to consider is a bluesound power node 2i, kef ls50 metas and their matching sub/ svs's new micro subwoofer (very potent little subwoofer)

Reactions: matthewpianist

matthewpianist

TBH i think your short list is pretty good. just make sure you have the connectivity you need for your tv and PS5

Another option to consider is a bluesound power node 2i, kef ls50 metas and their matching sub/ svs's new micro subwoofer (very potent little subwoofer)

The Powernode 2i is far better than you might expect. Before I got the Technics, when I was in a different house, I used a Powernode 2i with some Dali speakers and it worked very well.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
The Powernode 2i is far better than you might expect. Before I got the Technics, when I was in a different house, I used a Powernode 2i with some Dali speakers and it worked very well.

it's a fantastic product where the laws of dimensioning returns certainly hit especially if you're using a subwoofer. It's one of the few I know that you can properly ingrate a subwoofer. ie AVR-like. It will take the strain of the off the amp.

Reactions: matthewpianist

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts