46inch TV

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi all I've been out the loop for a little while regarding TV's so I'm a bity out of touch regarding the latest models etc. Basically my dad wants to upgrade to a 46inch TV. 3D is not important to him and the budget is somewhere in the region of 1000quid, maybe push it to 1200 top end. So what do you good people suggest?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Annoyingly. there are fewer options at 46/47in this year than there were in 2010 - and 3D is being pushed hard at this size.

Our favourite 46in is the Samsung UE46D7000, which excels in 2D, but despite price cuts it's still a little out of your price range - cheapest I can find it is £1350.

However, a set we haven't yet tested - but have loved the 50in version of - is the Panasonic TX-P46GT30B plasma, which can be had for just a little over £1000 (see Amazon deal here).That's definitely worth checking out -though as ever with plasma sets, it's probably not best if you're Dad is going to use it right by a window/major light source (plasma screens are more reflective than LCD, typically).

subseastu

Sep 12, 2007
Visit site
Clare Thanks for the quick response I'll pass thjat info on to my pa. Good advice about the plasma screen as I didn't realise about the reflective nature of the screens.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Clare,

Is the 46D7000 a major improvement over the 46D6530 - which you can get for around £1,000?

Duncan

Clare Newsome said:
Annoyingly. there are fewer options at 46/47in this year than there were in 2010 - and 3D is being pushed hard at this size.

Our favourite 46in is the Samsung UE46D7000, which excels in 2D, but despite price cuts it's still a little out of your price range - cheapest I can find it is £1350.

However, a set we haven't yet tested - but have loved the 50in version of - is the Panasonic TX-P46GT30B plasma, which can be had for just a little over £1000 (see Amazon deal here).That's definitely worth checking out -though as ever with plasma sets, it's probably not best if you're Dad is going to use it right by a window/major light source (plasma screens are more reflective than LCD, typically).

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi WHF team

Have you had chance to compare the Samsung 46D7000 with the Sony 46HX923 yet? And if yes which one came out better and in what areas? If not, when do you think you will compare these two TVs, either at this size or 55inches?

Many thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

subseastu said:
Anymore ideas folks? Please help my dads wallet is getting itchy and he's driving my mum mad!!

Hi

I'm with Clare on the Samsung - I like that TV. But if it is over budget you could consider the Sony 46HX803 3D TV, it is very good with 2D and there are some very good deals going around - including extras as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts