42 inch and 40 inch TV Much Difference?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I would like a 42inch or a 40inch tv in the future, it has to be 1080p.

I was wandering is there much difference between the two for blu ray.

I know you recommend the bigger the better.

Any thoughts would be great.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:So small a screen size differential wouldn't be significant.

Okay thanks.

Here's another question where do you see TV's going in the future.

By which I mean they are getting thinner and lighter by the year.

Would it be possible to say get a 50 inch one weighing in aroud 22.5kg in the future and being really thin?

Thanks

and if yes how long into the future are we talking? Because currently that's seems to be the weight for a 40inch.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I see no reason why such a combination of specifications shouldn't be possible at some indeterminate pont in the future - after all, there are already 46-47in TVs weighing less than 23kg on the market

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:I see no reason why such a combination of specifications shouldn't be possible at some indeterminate pont in the future - after all, there are already 46-47in TVs weighing less than 23kg on the market

My stand is 43 inches wide would anything bigger than 43 inches look stupid?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Only you can judge that, but it wouldn't be optimally stable, given that most 50in diagonal TVs are also around 50in wide by the time you take in the screen bezel, etc. Most sources suggest the stand should be at least as wide as the TV.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard:Only you can judge that, but it wouldn't be optimally stable, given that most 50in diagonal TVs are also around 50in wide by the time you take in the screen bezel, etc. Most sources suggest the stand should be at least as wide as the TV.

Wow, I better play it safe with a 40 inch then, thanks for all that.

Any future house moves will defintely take into account a big tv for the wall then.

Cheer's.

A

Anonymous

gel:
Andrew Everard:Only you can judge that, but it wouldn't be optimally stable, given that most 50in diagonal TVs are also around 50in wide by the time you take in the screen bezel, etc. Most sources suggest the stand should be at least as wide as the TV.

Wow, I better play it safe with a 40 inch then, thanks for all that.

Any future house moves will defintely take into account a big tv for the wall then.

Cheer's.

I'll just warn you the upgraditus might kick in. I went from a 37 to a 50 inch and within a couple of months i wanted bigger!

D

Deleted member 2457

I think when you buy a home cinema system it's all about compromises. Budget, Size, Brand.

TRENDING THREADS