4 Speakers, 2 Amps, 1 CD source, best way to get this lot to work?

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi folks,

Also posted along similar lines in the Hifi forum. My friend wants loud, clear music in a room of his house. He's tried an AV amp and was not convinced by the musical quality. He now has 4 identical floorstanders, 2 identical stereo amps and 1 CD player.

Yamaha RVX979 x 2 (stereo amps)

Yamaha RS 515F x4 (floorstanders) ps I could not find details of these speakers anywhere and feel that he may have written the numbers down incorrectly and they may indeed be the RS 525F.

Yamaha CD player (name of which I'm unsure)

What is the best way to hook all this up? One amp to one pair of speakers and the other to the other pair? How would you ensure they both recieve the same info form the CD player?

Suggestions please.

Thanks

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
Sorry "The_Lhc", no idea what that means!

Am I completely missing something here? I apologise for my obvious lack of knowledge. Just seemed obvious to me that if you want to run 4 speakers, get 2 amps. am I completely wrong???

camdxr

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site
I was searching a second opinion. I just assumed that seeing as both amps have pre-out and ins (is that the correct term???) that maybe there would be another way of doing it. The man in the shop (bear in mind this is Saudi) said that this is the way to go. Tbh wanted to know if what the man in the shop said was true, i.e. can you input the CD to one amp then link the two amps and then send to the 4 speakers?

Sorry if re-posting here has offended anyone, just need an answer in laymans terms. After seeing your post your original post I figured that maybe I had not explained the situation well enough and maybe you were waiting for clarification before imparting pearls of wisdom.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS