3d with or without?

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
i was just wondering why i could`nt see the 3d effect with the sony advert on my panny? was wearing the glasses? tried adjusting the picture 3d settings etc but was still the same watched a few you tube clips they worked but i had to strain to get the effect with a jaws clip on you tube

does this mean i have to get a 3d blu-ray player or can i use the ps3?

maybe a dumb question just watching 2d mainly [*-)]

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi tvspecv

In john lewis today they had your tv in there and on demo in 3d was women beach volleyball, never have i tried so hard to find a pair of 3d glasses, no luck in the end know
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

tvspecv:
i was just wondering why i could`nt see the 3d effect with the sony advert on my panny? was wearing the glasses? tried adjusting the picture 3d settings etc but was still the same watched a few you tube clips they worked but i had to strain to get the effect with a jaws clip on you tube

maybe a dumb question just watching 2d mainly
emotion-42.gif

to my knowledge a 3dtv has to be receiving 3d input from either a bluray player or set top box like sky , or a games console , in order to display 3d content on screen ..

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
tvspecv:

emotion-42.gif

That Sony advert is just about the most useless ad I've ever seen. Even if you do have a 3D TV you still won't see it in anything other than the double vision because it isn't actually a 3D signal. For 3D it would either have to have the Left eye and Right eye images as side by side, top and bottom, or frame sequential and it is none of those. It is merely showing you what a 3D image looks like on a non-3D tv. Just about as good as showing an SD clip of a movie on an SD tv channel and saying that without an HDTV blu-ray will only look this good! Or what about an ad of a black screen with no sound for 15 seconds that says "If you bought a 3Dtv and surround system but forgot to pay your leccy bill it will only look this good."

D

Deleted member 2457

Tom Moreno:tvspecv:

emotion-42.gif

That Sony advert is just about the most useless ad I've ever seen. Even if you do have a 3D TV you still won't see it in anything other than the double vision because it isn't actually a 3D signal. For 3D it would either have to have the Left eye and Right eye images as side by side, top and bottom, or frame sequential and it is none of those. It is merely showing you what a 3D image looks like on a non-3D tv. Just about as good as showing an SD clip of a movie on an SD tv channel and saying that without an HDTV blue-ray will only look this good! Or what about an ad of a black screen with no sound for 15 seconds that says "If you bought a 3Dtv and surround system but forgot to pay your leccy bill it will only look this good."

Totally agree
emotion-21.gif
complete rubbish!

A

Anonymous

If u have a ps3 u can play the 3d games now. (Not many at the moment)

Another ps3 firmware update is coming soon that will add 3d-movie playing. It will also be able to convert 2d sources in 3d according to sonys blog.

For the PS3 to do 3D ur amp needs to be HDMI 1.4 - or u need to connect the ps3 video direct to the tv.

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
thak you all but seeing as the ps3 can handle 3d gaming which is available in the ps store for £23 is this console compatible with 3d blu-ray discs?

A

Anonymous

It will be compatible with 3D blu-ray movies when the firmware update comes out (which I believe is slated for Sep 30 in uk).

Just 3d games at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts