3D in the media

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
While there will be a standard for discs, players, TVs and the amplification used between them, meaning everything should be interoperable up to that point, how the set actually displays the picture is a different matter.

Almost all the manufacturers are using 'active shutter' glasses, but some picture systems can be watched using much cheaper polarised glasses, which is how Sky 3D will work, and how the LG sets so far used for Sky 3D dems will operate.

But so far, no, there's no guarantee that Sony glasses will work with Panasonic TVs, or Philips - different manufacturers will be using different designs of glasses, not to mention transmitter systems to operate them.

A

Anonymous

Tonya:
Erm, just to clarify, I used the term "Mr.E" in a non "cloak and dagger" way merely as I have never met said gentleman and referring to our esteemed host as "Andy", "Andrew", "Anders" or any other derivitive one can come up with using "Everard" seems to me to be discourteous, no hiden meaning or references intended.

But then again, that's probably the result of me spending all those years in a boarding school with only a Lafyette solid state stereo system as suplied by KJ Enterprises Ltd for entertainment.

I always try to be well mannered and courteous to fellow forum members and respect their views (unless of course we get into the whole "my digital cable is more purely digital & sounds more airy than yours debacle!"), in which case you are all loonies. (joke).

Heh, no I knew that, it was me playing on words Mr.E = mystery?
emotion-1.gif

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Tried resisting, but suffering from NGT (new gadget temptation) really is useless & futile . . . .
I thought my newish Sony monitor was going to be the main screen for several years until this 3D business came along, but it's banishment to the bedroom is ever more closer.
Now the very latest sets will have Skype built in, which I use every day, so that has moved the goalposts a bit.

As for all this Mr.E and Mrs.Sippy stuff, reminds me of the old Kenny Everett stuff such as:

Edna Bucket.
Dora Jar.
Mandy Lifeboats.
Carrie Airbag.
Wendy Boatcomesin.
Ken Tuckyfriedchicken.
Benny Fischial.
Willie Makeit.
Betty Doesent.
Manuel Equalizers.

Oh, don't get me started ;-)

TRENDING THREADS