3.5mm jack cable upgrade for Bose quietcomfort

nickdxb

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So I travel on planes alto so am going to treat myself to a pair of Bose quietcomfort 15s. is it worth an extra 50 or 75 quid to get a 2m audioquest 3.5mm jack cable or similar????

Interested if anyone has done this?

Thanks nick

The Bose cable is proprietary which also has the toggle switch for "Lo" or "Hi" setting. You cannot replace it with any other branded cable.

000000000000048450_ca.jpg

My personal opinion is that Bose unjustly gets negative comments from the "audiophiles" for its headphones which I think are brilliant and can compete with other brands. I agree about its other products but their headphones are remarkable.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I can't comment on what the audiophiles say as I don't know any.

I can only go on my own opinion which is they are good noise cancellers, but poor for home listening compared to other similar priced cans. Obviously other opinions my vary.

I first owned the QC2 since 2005, then upgraded to QC15 for £120 2 years ago when battery leaked into my QC2.

I fully agree with the review:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/bose-quietcomfort-15

I'm not surprised that it won the best buy award 3 years running.

I tried the Grado SR325is which was brilliant as well, but I did not find the Bose to be inferior at all. The noise cancellation feature won for me. Of course we all have our opinions, but the Bose is definitely not a poor listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts