2nd hand Proac tablette 2000 signature

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
HI - Does anyone know how good these are and what sort of price the would have been new? I've seen some second hand and am wondering whether they are worth a punt - expecting to be able to sell them on with little/no loss if they don't turn out to be what I'm looking for. It's to go with a Naim Supernait as an upgrade over PMC TB2+.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I've had a set of these speakers from new, I think they cost me about £800 - £900 if I remember rightly and I paid a little bit extra for the birds eye maple finish.

There were not many reviews around at the time so you might not find much on the net about them.

I auditioned them at audio-t alongside a set of dynaudio audience 50 and also something from B&W (can't remember the model now) and I was immediately struck with how natural and open they sounded, they were my clear favourite.

I have always been really impressed with them. The dynamics, detail and soundstage are all excellent and as far as I am concerned they sound as good today as they did from new. They give real long term enjoyment and I have no intention of selling mine.

As for selling them on and what you should pay second hand it's hard to say as they don't often come up on the auction sites which could either mean that people do not get rid of them or that not many were made in the first place (my serial number is in the 1000's). I can't comment on how they sound compared to the PMC TB2+ as that is not a speaker that I have heard. I run my pro acs on the end of a roksan caspian integrated / power set up.

I'd check the condition of the cabinets when buying as they were really nicely made speakers and it would be a shame if the finish had been damaged over the years.

Hope that helps a little.

A

Anonymous

One more thing, just had a look at them on e-bay (I'm assuming those are the ones you were looking at)

I'm pretty sure that my speakers have got a plate on the back of each stamped with the serial number, power handling etc. This does not look like it is on the speaker in the picture.

Not a big deal (and I'll have to check both of mine when I get home to be sure)

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
OK thanks for the reply. Good to know that that your experience is positive.

I'm thinking of taking a punt and just bidding £250 or something and if I win then see what they're like. They caught my eye as Proac reputedly a good match for Naim.

Although if they are sub £1k then I guess they're likely to be different rather than better than my PMCs so it kind of begs the questions of whether it's worth it. I had been intending to look at new speakers up to the £2k mark.

Sbart

Jul 26, 2020
Visit site
HI - Does anyone know how good these are and what sort of price the would have been new? I've seen some second hand and am wondering whether they are worth a punt - expecting to be able to sell them on with little/no loss if they don't turn out to be what I'm looking for. It's to go with a Naim Supernait as an upgrade over PMC TB2+.

Thanks.
Hi there buddy, I have owned these before and regretted selling them ever since, fantastic bookshelf’s speakers just like the little tablett with some added weight to the sound. These speakers do everything they sound beautiful.i would definitely recommend these, there is nothing under £1k to better these in the second hand market !!

D

Deleted member 188516

it seems old thread resurrecting could be the saviour of this forum !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts