2M Blue Anniversary

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi, i would love to know where to buy this model at £100.00, even at £110.00 from April its a reasonable price,

i have looked online but cant find it anywhere for that price, have What hi fi been misinformed or is it an error

somewhere else, has anyone seen it at that price.

D

Deleted member 108165

bigfish786 said:
Is this just available as a stylus or can you buy it with the cartridge body as well?

From Henley's website looks like stylus only @ £100

D

Deleted member 108165

Nope! *unknw* Apart from the £35 saving over the std stylus.

D

Deleted member 108165

bigfish786 said:
thats what piqued my interest. I do like a bargain.

It's only a bargain if you already have the cartridge body *biggrin*

D

Deleted member 108165

Worth a punt I'm sure. Doubt it'll sound anywhere near as good as your Nag or Clearaudio though... different yes.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The 2M Blue 100 stylus has launched to try and encourage people to trade up from 2M Red and 2M Silver.
Specs are exactly the same as the current 2M Blue.
IMHO a bit of a bargain if you own either aforementioned cartridges.
Pricing is set there to encourage sales in this 100 year anniversary year for Ortofon.

bigfish786 said:
It’s a good idea, but I think they’ve missed a trick by not offering it as a complete cart and stylus package, to encourage people to try the brand!

I believe most people that want to try the budget models from Ortofon already have them fitted to their newly acquired turntables.... :)

I think it's a very cunning plan to get their devotees to stick with them by upgrading their Reds etc rather than trying a different brand.

I’ve had turntables of my own for more than 30 years, and apart from an old Dual 503-2 that I bought on eBay for 30 quid, which came with an ortofon cart installed but thoroughly worn out, I have never had an ortofon cart.

Had this been sold as a cart and stylus, I would have picked on up.

Ive heard the bronze on a friends setup, and that impressed me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts