24fps compatible tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all

after waiting and saving about 4 years and having £1100 put aside for a big flat tv i was all set ready to buy a panasonic th42pz70 (until john lewis sold the one they were supposed to have aside for me, i now have to re-order from them and wait another 2 weeks). anyway since doing this i have read a few posts on the forums about the dreaded 24fps debate with this tv!

i understand it doesnt play true 24 fps and uses a 3:2 pulldown etc etc. but i have read mixed posts from people regarding judder. some say it cant be seen, others say it can! i mainly watch sky sd but do like to rent out movies so i am going to get a bd player when the prices come down and would like to be able to make the most of these when i do.

i am now wondering if i would be better waiting to see if any new sets are due out in the near future that can play true 24fps, i have heard there are maybe some new panas out soon that will be able to show true 24fps but are these likely to blow my budget out of the water?

does anyone have this set hooked up to blueray, have you noticed any juddering problems?

as im sure many of you can sympathise i want to get the best i can for my money as i cant afford to buy the latest model every year!

thanks for any advice

ant

A

Anonymous

I have just bought a Panasonic TH42PZ70 and have played Blu-ray films via a PS3. I can't spot any judder. I don't think that true 24fps compatibility will make a big difference to the picture quality.

A

Anonymous

I have the PZ70 and watch Blu-ray via the PS3 and I don't have any problem with the judder. It's there, but it's not really noticeable except during end credits - which doesn't bother me at all.

If you think it might be a concern then you could wait for the new Panasonic plasmas to come out - the PZ85 I think is supposed to do proper 24p native reproduction (though there seems to be conflicting info on the US Panasonic site).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Full report on all new Panasonic sets due on March 1st - they've embargoed details of UK specs until then.

But suffice to say the 24fps issue has been addressed on several of the new model ranges....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts