2014 KDL48W600 ?

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
it appears i just bought one of these for £80 in VGC at a charity shop. I want to know the opinion here of them. Personally think i got a good deal myself , but what you guys think as a second tv in my bedroom . Main TV is still the 2023 model TCL . Have 3 month warranty on the TV. This is not the first TV bought from the same shop . More like the 10 th one i have got from Lighthouse Hutton Essex. Over 14 years now. Started with Plasma 43 inch and 50 inch and now Sonys this is the second one i have had here.. The current one is a KDL40EX403 and works well on Amazon /Netflix etc. is a 2010 model . Okay getting old a bit i know. Thought i get another ,not as old. The newer one will be delivered on Thursday The bigger screen be a good idea i think so . Then sell off the older Sony. Great to buy a new Sony , but they are a hell of a lotr of money at £1500 plus . To be honest it is not a question of money ,just a question the new model ,becomes second hand the minute you buy it., ,as within 3 years it be improved? by another model. To be honest i still prefer Panasonic Plasma , love to see them back . Okay they eat power, but something about them is different . I have a feeling Plasma TVs will become the next 12 inch records . Everyone was getting rid of them and suddenly now many millions are buying them , the question is why are they now buying them

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Not used this particular model personally but it's a Sony so should be good. 😊

I really like Sony TVs and that's pretty much the only brand I have used going back to CRTs.

I did get Samsung's at times but they have all failed where Sony's have not.
Thanks mate . I have a 2010 model here now. and there is a big difference. There is a more modern styling , ie no wide edges ,with the older TV . I doubt it is a 2016 A model that would be too good to think about. The "A" model has the new (then) screen ) ie modern screen now used in all TVs . What do you expect for £80 "GOLD" ? This will replace the KDL40EX403. so i sell the TV . I reckon get £40 quite easy for the TV. Shame i simply do not have the room for a third TV

Reactions: Messiah

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
they phoned me today it is the newer 2016 model same specs o well pleased with my purchase managed to download the manual as well yesterday so well pleased . okay the TV does not have OLED ie 4K but to be honest there are not that many 4K and a screen 50 inches or smaller does not matter anyway. Only on big screens need that 4K ie over 60 inches . Saves a TV from going to the dump does it not. We all should be wary of this. My TV for sale will get another owner as well. And so it continues . Many here want the latest TV. But do you really have to have it ? Oh well next door bought a new one so we must too. And lets be honest OLEDS been out ,over 8 years now . And are QLEDS worth buying . well no as there is not any 8K transmissions or even games to my knowledge. Unless have a 90 inch screen , not going to notice it anyway. By the way the perfect screen size for gaming ( i been told by a professional gamer and developer ) is in fact 65inches i have no idea why

Last edited:
Reactions: Messiah

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts