2009 UK Panasonic Blu-ray recorder

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
No price or spec as yet, but two new 'Blu-ray Disc Recorder' products have appeared today on Panasonic's dealer site. The model numbers are:

DMR-BS750
DMR-BS850

Will be interesting to find out exactly what these are. Also listed are three new players:

DMP-B15
DMP-BD60
DMP-BD80

Further details when they arise.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We first reported on this a year ago, and Panasonic confirmed back on October (story here) that they were in discussions with Freesat about a Blu-ray recorder. They've also already launched a version in Asia/Pacific and France, so it's a logical next step.

We're at a huge Panasonic press briefing next week, so will bring you all the details....

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Clare - (without asking you to speak for Panasonic) I only have one satellite cable coming from my dish (and as it's a rental property, I can't add to it), would I still be able to record using a panny blu-ray recorder/freesat box? I know I wouldn't be able to record one; watch one, but does one input get used solely for recording and the other for viewing, or can one input serve either (but not both at the same time) functions. (assuming that's clear!).

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
thanks Clare - looks like this will have to wait until it's fully tested! I presume (purdy please!) that this functionality issue would be one of the things your testing team would note!

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:thanks Clare - looks like this will have to wait until it's fully tested! I presume (purdy please!) that this functionality issue would be one of the things your testing team would note!

Well yes, if the thing records, then of course we'd test its recording. But as with all satellite products, it's one feed one box, so you'd have to keep switching cables if you can't have twin feeds from the box. I'd assume Panasonic sees this as an alternative to the likes of the Humax PVR, rather than as an adjunct to such a unit, but really until we have full specs on a UK unit, should the company even decide to sell it here, it's hard to comment further. But presumably as alsina is a Panasonic dealer, having access to the Panasonic dealer site, he may be able to enlighten us further...?

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Big Aura:
thanks Clare - looks like this will have to wait until it's fully tested! I presume (purdy please!) that this functionality issue would be one of the things your testing team would note!

Well yes, if the thing records, then of course we'd test its recording. But as with all satellite products, it's one feed one box, so you'd have to keep switching cables if you can't have twin feeds from the box.

I'd assume Panasonic sees this as an alternative to the likes of the Humax PVR, rather than as an adjunct to such a unit, but really until we have full specs on a UK unit, should the company even decide to sell it here, it's hard to comment further.

But presumably as alsina is a Panasonic dealer, having access to the Panasonic dealer site, he may be able to enlighten us further...?

The models I posted will definitely be sold here in the UK, they appear on the dealer website in order that we can place orders for those products. At the moment though, there are no specs/details/prices available on the site, just the product description (BLU-RAY DISC RECORDER) and the model numbers. Another model has now appeared, the DMR-XS350 (DVD RAM DISC RECORDER) which would suggest if these are Freesat recorders, that there will be 1 x DVD/HDD and 2 x BD/HDD machines with the latter having different sized hard drives.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Panasonic told me there's likely to be a Freesat launch event for the press in mid-April, so I'm guessing the new recorders will be released around then.

A

Anonymous

Now with RRP and delivery dates:

DMR-XS350 DVD/HDD (250GB) - June - £699
DMR-BS750 BD/HDD (250GB) - June - £799
DMR-BS850 BD/HDD (500GB) - June - £999

Also listed are three new players:

DMP-B15 - May - £599

DMP-BD60 - April - £299
DMP-BD80 - March - £399

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, but the original RRP of the DMP-BD35 was £300 and the DMP-BD55 was £400, so the Panasonic DMP-BD60 and DMP-BD80 are coming in at the same level.....

Incidentally, we expect a Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray player in for test very soon - the review will appear in our May issue, out first week of April

A

Anonymous

I know these new machine are going to be FreeSat, and Panasonic are heavily investing in this area, but does anyone know if there will be a normal freeview version released?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts