2009 Audiolab Question.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking here...

http://www.sightandsounduk.com/searchPage.aspx?&CatId=0&ManuId=162&s=

Thinking of buying the Audiolab 8000s int amp but was thinking of adding the Audiolab 8000p power amp onto it to give it a bit of a boost, as the A8000s can be set to be used as a pre amp. In this situation would i not be better getting the dedicated pre + power amp then....8000Q + 8000P!.. Wanted to get a pre and power amp combo this time around but most combos seem to be on the pricey side. Anyone have any experiance with this kit or reccommend others in same price range?.

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
The advantag of buying the 8000S is that when you add the 8000P you'll be able to bi-amp your speakers, i.e., use your 8000S for the tweeters and the 8000P for the bass drivers. This is assuming your speakers allow bi-amp/wire.

This is the setup (8000A not S though) I used for a number of years and was very happy with until my 8000PX packed in.

BTW, anyone know the difference between an 8000PX and an 8000P?

A

Anonymous

WR....yeah i see what your saying. Just trying to find a good price for them, seems to be more expensive in a black finish opposed to silver the robbing swines! cheers

A

Anonymous

erm.. im being a bit slow here.If i get the dedicated pre amp and the power amp can i not biwire speakers off this combo? is the 8000s the amp for me?

A

Anonymous

p.s anybody know why e-bay is full of faulty 8000 series new stuff. scary....

A

Anonymous

I have the Audiolab pre and power amps (8000Q & 2x 8000P).

I have had no problems with the kit and Im very happy with the sound.

If you can afford it I would personnally buy the pre-power combo.

A

Anonymous

I have the Audiolab pre and power amps (8000Q & 2x 8000P).

I have had no problems with the kit and Im very happy with the sound.

If you can afford it I would personnally buy the pre-power combo.

My dealer is pricing up the 8000s and a 8000p with some b+w 684s. He seems to think that the 8000s will be better than getting the pre amp. Just the old bi-wire and have a listen. I can demo the pre amp tho at the same time. rga

A

Anonymous

Just try both, I prefered the pre-power, I think which ever kit you get its easy to add boxes after, i.e. 2 monos to drive bass and a 8000P for the treble as an example?

One to try - I use one 8000P per speaker in a type of bi wire configuration (left channel driving HF right channel driving LF) if that makes any sense, unusual but I find the sound better.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ill try some wiring combinations. Has anyone heard the new Audiolab 8000 cd player, the 400+ one. I do like the look of it. Cant test it for demo yet as hifi shop only has the cheaper 200+ one in.?????

also as im determined to keep using my micromega stage 3 cd player, any one know anything about this micromega dac...

www.robertshifi.com/installations/robert_unik/

TRENDING THREADS