2 Zeppelins as a stereo pair

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Given how good the B&W zeppelin wireless has become, is it possible to run 2 of them as a stereo pair?
I mean truly stereo, left and right channel.

I've come up with two possibilities already:
Running from a dac+pre to the aux. The downside is that I need to bodge with a cable and that its analogue.
The 2nd option itunes airplay setting output to 2 speakers...is this truly stereo or just the same output going to 2 speakers?

I prefer a digital wireless output to the speakers. Any help is very welcome and truly appreciated.

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
What an intriguing concept...

Although it's obviously designed to throw a stereo field out there, I doubt it would recreate a decent soundstage if treated as a mono speaker.

And then you've got the question of how you can drive it (wirelessly, I presume) in left/right configuration - that's not going to be straightforward! Easy with wires, though...

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
thewinelake. said:
What an intriguing concept...

Although it's obviously designed to throw a stereo field out there, I doubt it would recreate a decent soundstage if treated as a mono speaker.

And then you've got the question of how you can drive it (wirelessly, I presume) in left/right configuration - that's not going to be straightforward! Easy with wires, though...

I suspect that in the next year or so they are going to introduce apt-x where left and right channel can be seperated.
One other tech I came across is Wisa, but its still in its early years and therefor expensive.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Why?

Sell the one Zeppelin and buy a proper stereo!

A Zeppelin is just an odd shaped boombox, after all.

I have a proper stereo.
The new zeppelin is not just a boombox. In my opinion it is very true in sound and an excellent piece of engineering. Besides, I find it entertaining to think out of the box. I'm also thinking about building my own speakers using a hypex 2.100 or 2.400 module.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy!

Stamp collecting is a lot easier you know...

Anyway, urine extraction over.

If it's what floats your boat then good luck to you. There's a lot of DIY speaker info on avsforum.com (not avforums.com).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts