2 questions, 1 about 1TB Box & 1 regarding volume on handset!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone switched from the standard Sky HD Box to the 1TB Box?

Is there any difference apart from the storage capacity?

Another quick question, my sky remote volume control seems to have stopped working so i now have to change the volume with the TV remote which is mildly annoying. Can this be rectified?? and how??

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
1Tb has never crashed - my old box needed frequent reboots and lost recordings. The box is slightly smaller but the capacity is brilliant - holds so many HD fims etc - well worth an upgarde IMO.

Cheers

daveh75

ferris said:
Anyone switched from the standard Sky HD Box to the 1TB Box?

Is there any difference apart from the storage capacity?

Depends on which box you currently have - The current boxes are all Amstrads and the only difference is HDD size.

If you've an older Thomson/Pace/Samsung/Amstrad there were slight H/W differences, some only had optical outputs, whereas later boxes have both optical and coaxial outputs and the early Thomsons had component outs for example.

At the end of the day though, they are/were all built down to a price, and why they aren't always very reliable.

Another quick question, my sky remote volume control seems to have stopped working so i now have to change the volume with the TV remote which is mildly annoying. Can this be rectified?? and how??

Yes, re-programme it.

http://www.astra2d.com/remote4.html

A

Anonymous

Many thanks

My 2 TVs are Panasonic and Sony, neither of which are listed on there, typical!!

daveh75

ferris said:
Many thanks

My 2 TVs are Panasonic and Sony, neither of which are listed on there, typical!!

Try using the manufacturer generic 4 digit codes and instructions for Sky+ remotes

http://www.astra2d.com/remote2.html

Those should work first time for popular manufacturers like Sony and Pana. If they don't repeat the last step of the instructions until your TVs switch into stanby (the last step toggles through all known codes for that manufacturer, untill you come to one that works)

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
So how did you manage to set it up in the first place?

i didn't do anything, it just worked straight away and now it doesn't!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts