1st Home Cinema setup advice needed

philbar

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to the world of home cinema so would really appreciate any advice you kind souls could give me. I have a Sony KDL-32V4000 TV and BDP-S360 Blu Ray player setup in a relatively small room 3.5 mtrs x 3.3 mtrs. I can't help feeling I'm not getting the full enjoyment out of my movies so am looking to buy a sound system (budget £500)but not sure which way to go. I would love a 5.1 system (don't relish the wires all over the place but if you have to you have to)but would it be wasted in a room this size? If so are the alternative 2.1 systems any good? and has anyone had experience of the Q-TV2, is it good as the review in the magazine says and what about soundbars?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Go for a 5.1 set-up - it sounds like you want too!!!! A 2.1 system would be a big improvement over the TV, but you wouldn't get proper surround effects. You could get the wires tucked under the carpet and hidden in the walls relatively easily.

3.5 metres is quite a way from a 32" screen - can you sit closer than that and leave some space behind you? The surround speakers could then go to the sides and a little behind - it would make a big difference.

philbar

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, with how the room is set out (position of doors etc) iam about 2 metres from the TV so have about 1.3 metres behind me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts