1st Cyrus system help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys (and gals), ive just invested in my 1st propper hifi ( was using a technics pre/power before hand) and am looking for any help with cables etc.

I am using a Cyrus IIIi integrated amp with cyrus cd6 player.

It currently has:

• chord carnival silver screen speaker cables, single run to acoustic energy aelite 2 speakers on stands
  • QED Qunex 3 interconnect.

i have acoustic energy neo3 floor standers and a pair of chord rumour cables all wrapped up in my surround system.

I have noticed its not as bass heavy as my old technics although i am enjoying the detailed sounds the cyrus gives.

What im looking for is to add a bit more bass and warmth. Before i rip out my surround system will the rumours give more warmth than the carnivals and also what interconnect on a reasonable budget ( about 50 quid) should i be looking at.

Cheers guys, any help to a newbie appreciated.

Messiah:Personally I find that Merlin cables work very well with my kit. Not sure if there are many interconnects though that will inject warmth into Cyrus gear!

Yeah Messiah, your right. It will improve things, but I think a bit more investment would entice better results. If the budget allows, try different speakers. The AE's are not the greatest match with the Cyrus. . .if poss try and locate some Dynaudio Audience 42's. You could probably pick some up (s/hand) for less than £300.00.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, i had the acoustic energy's as my surround systema year or so ago and found they work well with my onyko 605 and my then techncs. Im not looking for a huge difference, i like the cyrus sound, just looking for a bit more bass.

JonAJon:Yeah, i had the acoustic energy's as my surround systema year or so ago and found they work well with my onyko 605 and my then techncs. Im not looking for a huge difference, i like the cyrus sound, just looking for a bit more bass.

Understood. . .but I don't think just changing the leads is going to increase the bass. if it's a subtle difference then fine. If it's more grunt and bass extention, leads alone won't be the answer.

A

Anonymous

I would imagine that the chord carnival cable is pretty bright. You could try some cheap Gale cable from Richer Sounds that many who are sceptical about cables have tried and found pretty decent. I would recommend going to a dealer and taking some cables home to try out too.

Also, you may get used to the sound. I've often had friends think that my system is bass light as they are typically used to booming cheap "hifi"s that sound loose, uncontrolled and ill defined.

A

Anonymous

OK, il give that a try. Has anyone tried chord rumour speaker cable, i dont really want to undo all the cable ties at the rear of my surround amp to find they sound just the same as the carnivals. Please excuse me, im not really up on terms etc.

A

Anonymous

I've just swapped out a set of Rumour speaker cables from my system and couldn't believe how much they were choking my Cyrus kit. Compared to my new cables the Rumours sounded very thin/bright and bass light. Mind you the new cables were more than 5 times the price.

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I really would try some cyrus interconnectors they are £100 RRP but shop around for a better price, I have a cd6se and a 6 amp and they really opened up the system improved bass and low end grunt. As for speaker cables I use silver anniversary bi wired and have no complaints.

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts