(14 Years Old) Need help on B&W 602 S2 speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

are the Bowers And Wilkins 602 S2 speakers any good?

I would like them but dont realy know much about them etc?

I was thinking of getting them second hand...how old are they? like when were they produced?

Manny thanks,

A

Anonymous

Hi rexon64 I hope my recent posts haven't made your decisions any harder!

The 602S series were the speakers the B&W 685 replaced only recently. They are still an excellent speaker and were a hugely popular choice before the 685 took over.

ÿBecause of the 685's popularity you can find the 602 at bargain prices on ebay.ÿ

They are nicely rounded too so you don't need to be too picky on your amplifier. Do you know what you plan to use it with?ÿ

If you can though watch out for the S3 which is a newer version of the S2 but I believe sounded generally the same.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Having been a massive fan of B&W speakers for year, id say im biased most of the time but with the 602 S2's; ive always been a huge fan even to this day!

Theyre superb speakers with great clarity and punch. They are a larke standmount speaker and there arent many out there that are the same size.

Yes there is a 602 S3 speaker as well but IMO i'd stick with the 602 S2's as i felt their soundtsgae was overall a better quality.

What amp and CD player have you got/will you be getting and what music do you listen to?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Manny Thanks well i have been lookng around on ebay and have seen them for quite cheap price's

So ill most probbly get 4 of them at some stage.

The amp has left me in a bit of a dilemma, as i still dont know what sort of one to be looking for?

obviously i want one that can take 4 speakers so do i got for the 7.1 or 6.1 or what?

And what are the good makes to be looking for?

Or what are the things you look for when buying an amp?

Thanks again you have been of much help
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

At The Moment Im using a Onkyo CS-315DAB cd reciever and hope to keep it but add an amp aswell?

music-Trance, Drum+Bass, Rock Etc realy just most things.

A

Anonymous

Looking at your other thread you say you have a budget of £400? Does this include the 4 speakers? What else are you looking for for £400?

A

Anonymous

Well the two sets of 602's will probably cost you £200-250. Don't forget for home cinema a centre speaker is quite important but not essential. I've just had a look on Richer Sounds and at the moment they have a Sony 880 receiver and a Yamaha RXV363 for about £150. There will also be plenty of great deals on ebay so I would suggest you see if there is anything tempting and come back and give us a shout. Don't forget cables and stands as well though!

A

Anonymous

rexon64:
how old are they? like when were they produced?

ÿ

It was a late 90's series, I remember WHF tested them in July 1999 (I still have that issue :p) I purchased them some months after. They still sound excellent after 9 years!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts