\0/ Finally.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I think as new they were £1300. As I purchased mine ex-demo they were £800, that was in 2013
Also believe there's a number of other things at play, viewing it logically:

When upgraded my old Wharfedales to the RS6 it was a no brainer. Likewise when I purchased the PMCs to replace the RS6 they were in a different class bracket. To use a football analogy, it was like Man City playing Nottingham Forest, whereas the TB2 and Dalis it's more lof a Arsenal & Man City match up.

Also I'm so used to the PMC voicing, unless I totally detach the musical brain (almost impossible) it'll be a while to fully define the difference.

In addition, I'm trying not to analyse the two too deeply, listening at the 'feel' of each speaker.

Reactions: Gray
I think as new they were £1300. As I purchased mine ex-demo they were £800, that was in 2013
Looking at the way PMCs have gone up since the Twenty series was launched, I’m guessing yours would be nearer £3000 these days.

The Twenty5.22i is probably the closest from today’s range and that’s an astonishing £3595. That is just £400 less than three-way floorstanding ATCs, and I know which I’d choose!

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears and Gray
Looking at the way PMCs have gone up since the Twenty series was launched, I’m guessing yours would be nearer £3000 these days.

The Twenty5.22i is probably the closest from today’s range and that’s an astonishing £3595. That is just £400 less than three-way floorstanding ATCs, and I know which I’d choose!
It's all gone mad. Not sure how any company can justify such a price hike. The average 'Joe' can't afford that rise, when the Twenty 22 was around 2k on release.

Just looked at Guildford Audio website, the Harbeth P3 XD have gone up to over £2600, the Dalis are now £1899. The difference in sound between the two is no contest, based on my experience of both.
You do wonder if some manufacturers are quite happy to price themselves out of the market replying on reputation alone.
So sorry to hear about Mrs. P's health condition.

You do wonder if some manufacturers are quite happy to price themselves out of the market replying on reputation alone.
So sorry to hear about Mrs. P's health condition.
If you're correct and they are relying on reputation alone that'll be foolhardy. Bigger companies than PMC have closed because they mistakenly thought name alone will save them.

Thanks. The lack of physical ability, due to neglect by the people who could have helped her, has a detrimental effect on her daily frustrations.

Anyway these Dalis are quite special. Think the issue is if you break down each of the speakers in their component parts, such as detail, definition, realism, musicality etc etc it's tiny.... as a sonic whole is where the picture is formed, if that makes sense.

Both are equally as agile, which suits the Leemas traits nicely.

Reactions: Al ears
A
If you're correct and they are relying on reputation alone that'll be foolhardy. Bigger companies than PMC have closed because they mistakenly thought name alone will save them.

Thanks. The lack of physical ability, due to neglect by the people who could have helped her, has a detrimental effect on her daily frustrations.

Anyway these Dalis are quite special. Think the issue is if you break down each of the speakers in their component parts, such as detail, definition, realism, musicality etc etc it's tiny.... as a sonic whole is where the picture is formed, if that makes sense.

Both are equally as agile, which suits the Leemas traits nicely.
Perhaps, as with everything hifi they aren't so much asking what it costs to build and distribute, they are changing what they think they can get away with.
This is situation normal
There's no bigger fools than us hifi fools.

A

Perhaps, as with everything hifi they aren't so much asking what it costs to build and distribute, they are changing what they think they can get away with.
This is situation normal
There's no bigger fools than us hifi fools.
Yup, can't argue about us all being fools. But even fools have their limits. At what point does a price hike become a rip-off? I'm not sure to be honest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts