‘Vintage ‘ speakers, any info please

Mark1

Oct 31, 2021
Visit site
I have a pair of Kef reference series, model 101, type SP1122, would anyone be able to give any information on these, age etc? Thank you in advance.

I have a pair of Kef reference series, model 101, type SP1122, would anyone be able to give any information on these, age etc? Thank you in advance.
Does this help?

Reactions: Mark1 and Al ears
Apr 14, 2023
Visit site
I have a pair of KEF Reference Series Model 101s that I purchased a few years ago.
They were manufactured by KEF as a competitor to the Rogers LS3/5A. I've owned both and think they are both excellent speakers provided that they are used with a first rate source and amplification. I sold my LS3/5As decades ago but still own the Model 101s as well as a first generation pair of Linn Kans. I use an old Naim CDI to play compacts discs, but usually stream music through an Amazon Fire Tablet and then through a Schiit Modius dac and Lokius graphic equalizer. The signal is then sent to a either a Naim Nac 62 or 42.5 /Hicap, then to one of a few amplifiers that I rotate in and out of my system. A favorite choice is the Quicksilver Mini Mite tube monoblocks, which at 25wpc, offer plenty of power for either the Reference Series 101 or Linn Kan. I also have a mid 2000's pair of Antique Sound Lab Wave 25 tube monoblocks which also work quite well with the rest of the British gear in this system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts