£600 to spend on DAB/FM/CD/Internet Radio/Hard Drive/Ipod system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and audio systems themselves and I hopefully wanted to get some advice on what systems to look at to save looking at any that are problematic or not seen as good.

I appreciate that for the money I'm spending I'm asking for a lot but bear with me.

I've had a look at the Sony NAS-55CPK? system, it pretty much seems to fit the bill but I've had a hard time locating one at a decent price (not willing to entertain £750 for this system when it is end of life and can be had for £528 elsewhere albeit with a wait).

I've also seen that Onkyo and Teac are both doing systems which although not directly comparible do seem to meet most of my requirements, they are the Onkyo CS-925 (http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/CS-925UKD.html) and the Teac Reference 380 system (http://www.teac.co.uk/2007site/pages/product_pages/reference/pop_380_system.html).

The Sony obviously provides far more flexibility as it is the basis of a multi-room install but it appears to be ready for replacement and hasn't sold that well. I'm keen to look at other brands if their products are newer, the Teac is only a month old I believe but really I'm looking for the opinion of people who have actually heard these systems and used them in anger to give their opinion of how well they actually deliver.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jim

A

Anonymous

Sorry I'm not actually posting anÿanswerÿto your question. I posted a very similar question a few days ago and have received exactly the same number of helpful replies :). I was just wondering if, since posting this, you found the right system? If you you did, could you tell me what you went for, because there seems to be surprisingly little choice for the kind of thing we are looking for.

Thanksÿ

A

Anonymous

I'd personally separate HD and Hi-fi because in a year or two HDs will be bigger and cheaper (and potentially faster with USB 3.0 or other technologies), at some point we may even get steady state. You don't your hi-fi become redundant so quickly. Benefit of external HD is you can always upgrade.

With external HD you could try Onkyo 725 or 525 or the TEAC you mentioned, but you may have to run it off a computer. Alternatively, get iPod 120Gb and hook up to Onkyo or Teac via their ipod docks - you get remote control and again get to upgrade your source very easily in the future.

I owned Onkyo 725DAB and it was a very very nice micro system - powerful, great sound, everything was top notch from Wolfson DAC to gold plated plugs.

My 0.02 cents.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts