Completely New System - ideas

whiskeyfrank

Jan 12, 2024
Visit site
Hi
After a while away, I need to rebuild my system at home.

I have had a Fluance RT82 and Elac Debut 6 speakers gifted to me.

I maybe looking for a unicorn, but I want to be able to stream using Tidal, connect to my TV (not bought yet) and connect to the turntable.

What should I get to do all three, I'm a bit confused coming back to audio. I'm not looking for perfection and have ideally £800 but up to £1000 to spend.
Thanks

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi

I maybe looking for a unicorn, but I want to be able to stream using Tidal, connect to my TV (not bought yet) and connect to the turntable.

What should I get to do all three, I'm a bit confused coming back to audio. I'm not looking for perfection and have ideally £800 but up to £1000 to spend.
Thanks
Welcome!

So you’re after an amp?

CGMe

Feb 18, 2022
Visit site
First things that come to mind are all-in-1 integrated amps like the NAD M10 v2, Cambridge Audio EVO 75/150 and Lyngdorf TDAI-112. They do streaming, have both digital and analog inputs and I believe these all have an HDMI ARC input. Have no personal experience with either of these though. And I'm not sure about having a built-in phono pre-amp, so that may still have to be a separate device.

First things that come to mind are all-in-1 integrated amps like the NAD M10 v2, Cambridge Audio EVO 75/150 and Lyngdorf TDAI-112. They do streaming, have both digital and analog inputs and I believe these all have an HDMI ARC input. Have no personal experience with either of these though. And I'm not sure about having a built-in phono pre-amp, so that may still have to be a separate device.
Not sure he would get any of them for his budget, would he??
His turntable doesn't have an inbuilt phono preamp so he would require an amplifier with one.
Might I suggest the Yamaha RN 800a?

Last edited:

CGMe

Feb 18, 2022
Visit site
Not sure he would get any of them for his budget, would he??
His turntable doesn't have an inbuilt phono preamp so he would require an amplifier with one.

Oh, my bad. I was too quick in replying and overlooking the given budget. You're right that my suggested amps aren't within the given budget. Perhaps something like the Audiolab 6000 Play? That has a phono input, and although there isn't any HDMI he can use optical or bluetooth for TV connectivity.

Reactions: Al ears

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
If budget allows, I would seriously consider the Arcam SA30 which is a streaming amplifer, it can be had at bargain price of £1299 from peter Tyson.

Last edited:

Fandango Andy

Hi

Thanks

Marantz Stereo 70s should do all you need it to. I haven't actually listened to one, but never heard a Marantz I didn't like.​

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
If budget allows, I would seriously consider the Arcam SA30 which is a streaming amplifer, it can be had at bargain price of £1299 from peter Tyson.
Excellent suggestion ive had one for a few months now paying 900 £ with a warranty.

After demoing a few others first it was the clear winner.
Hearing many and owning a fair few to compare with it's a fantastic sounding amp.

So much extra for the money, class-g and direc room correction etc etc etc.

Software issues a thing of the past it's the amp it should of been to begin with.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS