£3350 for a mains cable?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
3350£ for a mains cabe wouldn't be wise even if your rich.

For much less you can have your electricity sorted and transformed and balanced without any distortions.

Other mains cables would make little difference then.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
One rich fool alays there to buy these, then they HAVE to sound better in order to justify the mistake!

I use medical cable which is probably also used elswhere. Nothing fancy, but a well screened mains cable I discovered when using and servicing ECG & EEG equipment many years ago. The addition of a few ferrite rings and beads sorts out many problems. One factor is earthing and determining as to which end to earth the screen as that is random and does indeed make a large difference. Well, here is another hornets nest I have dropped myself into...

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
But i stay with my opinion and observation that the wireworld main cables do make a difference.

In the following weeks i will receive my balanced line transformer from SACThailand.

I will post back if the wireworlds or transformers do make a difference then.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I tested the transformer and it was indeed a good choice to buy one!

Music became more easy and listenable without any loss of dynamics like some mains conditioners, i was sucked up in the music more easely and details came through much better and effortless.

I now want to measure my mains noise before and after the transformer to see how much noise i actually eliminated. If this transformer works efficient i should have no mains noise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts