£2K budget please advise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok i am upgrading my system and have about £2k to spend on a speaker system & AV receiver.

I am probably gonna go for the monitor audio RX6 AV package but that will then leave me with next to nothing on the receiver. The best deal i have been offered is £2400 which will inc a Denon 2310.

After reading several forum posts i noticed that the Yamaha DSP-Z7 is the way to go for a top notch receiver so i then stated to think shell i just go for the RX6 floorstanders and add the Yamaha which would be around £2000 as a package or would i be better off with the 5.1 system & the Denon?

I use the system about 50/50 music/bluray

andytucker:

Ok i am upgrading my system and have about £2k to spend on a speaker system & AV receiver.

I am probably gonna go for the monitor audio RX6 AV package but that will then leave me with next to nothing on the receiver. The best deal i have been offered is £2400 which will inc a Denon 2310.

After reading several forum posts i noticed that the Yamaha DSP-Z7 is the way to go for a top notch receiver so i then stated to think shell i just go for the RX6 floorstanders and add the Yamaha which would be around £2000 as a package or would i be better off with the 5.1 system & the Denon?

I use the system about 50/50 music/bluray

Hi andytucker

If you are prepared to proceed in stages to a 5.1/7.1 system than intially i would suggest that you consider the Yamaha DSP-Z7 and Monitor Audio's Silver RX6 speakers. Listening to movies (in particular) in stereo will still be more than good enough. Add the other speakers as and when you are ready. I have said it for quite a while now that i consider the DSP-Z7 to be the finest VFM AV amp currently on the market irrespective of price (even at an RRP of £1960).
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advise!I will have a lot of thinking to.

If i did buy in stages what would be the stages in order?

1. Receiver & RX6 fronts

2. Centre?

3. Sub?

4. Rears?

A

Anonymous

Or another option could be instead of the RX6 i could go for the older style RS or BR and get a fantastic deal on the whole AV package

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
andytucker:

Thanks for the advise!I will have a lot of thinking to.

If i did buy in stages what would be the stages in order?

1. Receiver & RX6 fronts

2. Centre?

3. Sub?

4. Rears?

Don't get the MA BR's, they will not do your Z7 any justice whatsoever. The RS speakers will be good value at the moment, but they can sound too bright depending on what they're paired with or playing.

I would suggest the following order.

[*]Z7 + RX6 Front L&R
[*]Rears (the front L&R can take care of the centre duties in the meantime)
[*]Centre
[*]Sub

A

Anonymous

pete321:The RS speakers will be good value at the moment, but they can sound too bright depending on what they're paired with or playing.

True, but with a Yamaha amp, they'll be perfect. The warm nature of Yamaha amps compliments the brightness of the RS speakers..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts