£2000+ Speakers everyone & Clare + WHFSAV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have Esoteric X05,ATC sa150.
I have tried many speakers (floorstanding only except the B&W 805s)the likes of ATC40's,Spendors A6,Pro ac D18,B&W 805s,PMC fbi,Sonus faber's,Wilson sq2's,Monopulse 82a,Pioneer S-81-K and many more the thing is i'm having difficulty deciding which should i choose out of the list above
i prefer Spendors A6,Pro ac D18,B&W 805s,Monopulse 82a and maybe Pioneer S-81-K(too expensive).
I know the Spendor A6's won the award last year but since we had the Monopulse 82a and Pro-ac D18's both awarded with five stars can they now beat the Spendors?.
All of these speakers are exceptional i will really appreciate if any members and if the WHFSAV team could help.
I cant compare them because their from diffrent shops besides i spent far too long searching for my ideal speakers i think it's time to decide now thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You're more likely to get members than the WHFSV team this weekend, as they're busy doing face-to-face advice with showgoers in Bristol. Normal service will be resumed on Monday...

I take your point about the speakers to have taken five stars since we gonged the Spendors, but really all these speakers are on a par, but with their own characteristics.

For that reason I'm pretty wary of offering advice on speakers at this kind of level: I think it's vital you listen long and hard, and go with what your ears tell you. By all means use reviews for pointers, but don't buy just because someone, be they reviewer, enthusiast or salesperson, tells you to.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew for your quick replie.
I appreciate your advise Andrew but the thing is i have tried all of the speakers listed and the ones shortlisted which are the Spendor A6,Pro-ac D18,Monopulse 82a and B&W 805s i can choose anyone and i know i'll be happy in fact they go really well with my equipment so it's not a matter of making a wrong decision it's more of a "proud to know that most experts agree with my deision" kind of feeling anyway i would still appreciate if you can remind the others when they come back on Monday to respond and it would be nice to know what speakers you would have picked or anyone please feel free to respond thanks.

A

Anonymous

Burhan, i auditioned the 805, 804, monopulse and spendors. After 5 hours of compairing with all types of music, the spendors won, not by a margin but totally hands down. Then again my system is probably a lot different sounding than yours, but to me the spendors are fab.

A

Anonymous

If you can't choose between them on sound then go for price, looks and/or likely resale value. Not based randomly on whoever's the time, inclination or enthusiasm about their own kit to reply to the thread.

Cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
One good thing is that you have been out and listened to a fair rage of speakers, which is more than some people do. All of the speakers at this sort of price point are good, but they offer different strengths. Some of these strengths show more with certain styles of music, and some with particular equipment.

If you really can't decide after trying various types of music, you could take 2 or 3 of your most listened to albums and whichever speakers produce it more to your liking, go for them!

Make sure you hear these speakers with YOUR system. They may otherwise sound totally different when you get the home if you have auditioned them on a different system.

The only bad decision you can make here is to buy something you don't enjoy listening to.

burhan:I have Esoteric X05,ATC sa150. I have tried many speakers (floorstanding only except the B&W 805s)the likes of ATC40's,Spendors A6,Pro ac D18,B&W 805s,PMC fbi,Sonus faber's,Wilson sq2's,Monopulse 82a,Pioneer S-81-K and many more the thing is i'm having difficulty deciding which should i choose out of the list above i prefer Spendors A6,Pro ac D18,B&W 805s,Monopulse 82a and maybe Pioneer S-81-K(too expensive). I know the Spendor A6's won the award last year but since we had the Monopulse 82a and Pro-ac D18's both awarded with five stars can they now beat the Spendors?. All of these speakers are exceptional i will really appreciate if any members and if the WHFSAV team could help. I cant compare them because their from diffrent shops besides i spent far too long searching for my ideal speakers i think it's time to decide now thanks.

You've got what's known as Hi-Fi "burn-out". You listen to too many speakers and it tends to get harder - happened to me a year back with amplifiers.

ATC 40's would be the obvious match to your amp. They are all fabulous speakers, and spending that amount of money, you need to make a short-list and audition - only your ears will tell you which are the best....sorry can't be more help!
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts