Good amp/spekers for Sansui turntable?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,I'm currently trying to build my first HiFi system. So far I didn't have the space for it, was always moving to a new place...I already have a Sansui SR 222 MK V turntable with Shure M97xE (never heard it, just trusted the reviews that it has a neutral sound).What I'm looking for is a nice set of speakers and integrated amp. After days of web-research (don't have much chances to hear all the considered products) I came to these sets (from the top, which I want at most):1) EB Acoustics EB1 + Rega Brio-R (recommended Naim is really expensive)2) Klipsch RB 81 II + NAD PP2i + NAD C355BEE (355 only cause I can get it for the price of 316, which I originally considered)3) EB Acoustics EB1 + Rotel RA04SE4) Klipsch RB 61 II + Harman Kardon HK3390Which one would you recommend if I'm not and audiophile and am not looking for technical details in sound, but still if I want a nice sounding ACDC, thrash metal, electronic music and pop? Sometimes I also listen to jazz, chillout, classic - almost all genres I would say. The room is 6x4 metres and the speakers would be on the long side.Only thing that I actually heard from these are the Klipsch speakers (not sure, which ones) and I loved them. But I found pretty uncompromising reviews and opinions about the EB1. I'm also a bit afraid, that Klipsch is not that universal for all the music genres (I just heard some rock stuff played on them).I was also considering these 2: Pioneer A-A6 MK2-K / Marantz 6004Well, you can see that I have many options and am pretty puzzled from it. I would say that the quality goes up with the price of these 4 options. But is it really worth spending another $600 to go from 4) to 1)? For me that's the most important point of this all.Many thanks for all your advices,PavelPS: If I in the future wanted to change the tonearm for s-shaped (just aesthetic reasons) can I look for any (e.g. Jelco SA250) or do I require some special kind of mounting? I cannot find much info about the Sansui, neither do I know any turntable technician around.

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build my first HiFi system.

So far I didn't have the space for it, was always moving to a new place...

I already have a Sansui SR 222 MK V turntable with Shure M97xE (never heard it, just trusted the reviews that it has a neutral sound).

What I'm looking for is a nice set of speakers and integrated amp. After days of web-research (don't have much chances to hear all the considered products) I came to these sets (from the top, which I want at most):

1) EB Acoustics EB1 + Rega Brio-R (recommended Naim is really expensive)

2) Klipsch RB 81 II + NAD PP2i + NAD C355BEE (355 only cause I can get it for the price of 316, which I originally considered)

3) EB Acoustics EB1 + Rotel RA04SE

4) Klipsch RB 61 II + Harman Kardon HK3390

Which one would you recommend if I'm not and audiophile and am not looking for technical details in sound, but still if I want a nice sounding ACDC, thrash metal, electronic music and pop? Sometimes I also listen to jazz, chillout, classic - almost all genres I would say. The room is 6x4 metres and the speakers would be on the long side.

Only thing that I actually heard from these are the Klipsch speakers (not sure, which ones) and I loved them. But I found pretty uncompromising reviews and opinions about the EB1. I'm also a bit afraid, that Klipsch is not that universal for all the music genres (I just heard some rock stuff played on them).

I was also considering these 2 amps: Pioneer A-A6 MK2-K / Marantz 6004

Well, you can see that I have many options and am pretty puzzled from it. I would say that the quality goes up with the price of these 4 options. But is it really worth spending another $600 to go from 4) to 1)? For me that's the most important point of this all.

Many thanks for all your advices,

Pavel

PS: If I in the future wanted to change the tonearm for s-shaped (just aesthetic reasons) can I look for any (e.g. Jelco SA250) or do I require some special kind of mounting? I cannot find much info about the Sansui, neither do I know any turntable technician around.

T

the record spot

The SR222-V was a popular budget deck in the 80s and will work well with any decent amp or speaker combination. I'd suggest the Jelco tonearm upgrade would be overkill for this turntable and better off on a deck where the benefits could be more fully appreciated. Other than that, get the amp with the best phono stage you can find - the NAD C355 for instance doesn't come with one from memory (unless it has one fitted as an optional extra).

The HK3390 or the even better 3490 will give you some real world power as well (120wpc in the latter) as well as an additional DAC that you can hook up a digital source (TV, computer, etc) as well. Both HKs have phono stages onboard. Have a look at Onkyo's impressive TX-8050 as well which delivers a good smattering of facilities as well as real world power (130wpc) which will be ample for your needs.

With all of those, it's probably best to have a listen and see what you think; take your deck along and have a dealer set it all up for you to hear. Nice turntable too by the way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts