£10k for one component

A

Anonymous

Sorry, no picture, but at £5500 - it has to be the PMC EB1i or the even bigger versions they make! 17HZ frequency resoponse on a 15" driver and hi-fi quality? What more could you want?!

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]Sorry, no picture, but at £5500 - it has to be the PMC EB1i or the even bigger versions they make! 17HZ frequency resoponse on a 15" driver and hi-fi quality? What more could you want?![/quote]

Ya mean these?

Very nice.
That's a whole load of speaker for the money. Pub with the rest?

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, I'd have to go out demoing but I'd definitely buy speakers...

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
maybe a pair of linn akurate floorstanders. My dad has a pair along with two linn amps and a controller and it sounds awesome.

http://www.linn.co.uk/music_systems_akurate

A

Anonymous

[quote user="amarocknrollstar"]Good man - go Scottish![/quote]

.........scottish indeed ;).........I'm trying to acquire some atlas mavros speaker cable.......at 1700 pounds for a 4/4 terminated 3m pair, I think it might be a bit over the top............not sure if my kit justifies it either.......

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Sam Srivastava"][quote user="amarocknrollstar"]Good man - go Scottish![/quote] .........scottish indeed ;).........I'm trying to acquire some atlas mavros speaker cable.......at 1700 pounds for a 4/4 terminated 3m pair, I think it might be a bit over the top............not sure if my kit justifies it either.......[/quote]

Ouch!
Hey bud, if you can afford it - do it!
Remember - you can always upgrade the rest of your system.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
£10,000. One component. Simple:

sim2projector.jpg

The SIM2 HT3000E. Sweet.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Oops, just realised this was the Hi-fi forum! In which case the Monitor Audio Platinum PL300s:

monitor-audio-pl300.PNG

(And then I'd get another pair for my rears and spend the rest of my life saving up attempting to get other components to match them...!)

A

Anonymous

If I had 10k, I'd spend 5k on these ;).........oops, already have! (sorry couldn't resist, forgive me) ;)

A

Anonymous

Marantz-SA7S1.gif

It goes without saying, but I would seriously need to overhaul my system.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]New wardrobes? I don't get it.[/quote]

Yes an No. I don't know if those Maggies woudl double as a wardrobe ;)

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Clearaudio Master Reference turntable (as seen in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider)

OK, so the full package costs a little over £10K, but i'm sure they'd do a deal for cash
emotion-5.gif

[/quote]

There was a turntable in the Lara Croft film? I didn't notice.

A

Anonymous

Personally I'm going to buy a nice new persian rug :)
Actually I'm not sure what I'd go for, a serious amp has the advantage of getting the best out of your speakers through sheer control and will stay the course whatever new sources come or go. A top flight source wouldn't impact too much anymore as I'm already okay there in comparison to the rest of the system. Speakers would probably be too hard for the amp to drive if I got the sort of thing I'd like. So some serious amplification and lots of fun working out exactly which kind.
Although Clare's turntable suggestion is a thing of real, genuine beauty IMHO. And I did notice it in the film!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts