Zeppelin Wireless vs Play 5 (2015)

Ryouku94

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a Zeppelin wireless but I wanted to know how it compared to a play 5 (2015) as I don't have anywhere near me where I can have a listen. Also I just want to know sound quality wise as I don't need multiroom.

Also I'm new to the forum, so I apologise if this is in the wrong area.

Any Help is greatly appreciated

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ryouku94 said:
Hi, I just bought a Zeppelin wireless but I wanted to know how it compared to a play 5 (2015) as I don't have anywhere near me where I can have a listen. Also I just want to know sound quality wise as I don't need multiroom.

Also I'm new to the forum, so I apologise if this is in the wrong area.

Any Help is greatly appreciated

I haven't heard the Zep but have a 2nd Gen Play 5 which is very very good at being what it is - a posh boom box. Mine is in the kitchen and it is perfect for casual listening, nice clarity and depth and goes very loud (which I don't actually need) but it's rather clinical and soulless. That said I really like the functionality and convenience of it, it's a great gadget and a far cry from the stereogram we had when I was a kid...

Ryouku94

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, yeah looking at reviews online plus your comments it seems like an extremely good speaker. Listening to the zeppelin it is very impressive, although I don't have anything to compare against. I'm going to have to try and get to either a john lewis or pc world so i can have a listen to the play 5 before the 14 days return is up on the zeppelin.

Can't wait to have a look and listen

I'm sure there's not much in it,however I can't say I was over impressed with the play 5 when I heard it.....I'd choose a Zeppelin any day of the week,looks better,has more prestige and probably sounds better too.Be rest assured you made the correct decision.

Ryouku94

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I have to admit I prefer the styling of the Zeppelin and the sound is amazing (well I did have £50 sandstrøm speakers before) but so far loving it. Main reason I wanted to compare was because of the price difference but I always forget that aside from sound quality brand partially does play a role.

Ryouku94 said:
Thanks, I have to admit I prefer the styling of the Zeppelin and the sound is amazing (well I did have £50 sandstrøm speakers before) but so far loving it. Main reason I wanted to compare was because of the price difference but I always forget that aside from sound quality brand partially does play a role.

I have no idea what drivers are used in the Sonus but do in the Zeppelin. There is a lot of expertise here and the larger overall dimensions are going to be beneficial. My money would be on the Zeppelin.

Ryouku94

May 8, 2016
Visit site
There was one other option which is the Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A8 which a friend of mine is selling. Not sure which one between the two as they both sound amazing>

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts