YOUVIEW - Point of Difference?

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so I have sky HD, Apple TV and an iPad (in terms of tv reception) plus Anytime+ from sky. My Panazonic PZ85b has a freeview tuner but I never use it as I have skyHD.

My question is, what is YOUVIEW'S Unique Selling Point, or, Point of Difference?

Does it offer me anything? or is its target market different?

A

Anonymous

tommyb said:
Ok, so I have sky HD, Apple TV and an iPad (in terms of tv reception) plus Anytime+ from sky. My Panazonic PZ85b has a freeview tuner but I never use it as I have skyHD. My question is, what is YOUVIEW'S Unique Selling Point, or, Point of Difference? Does it offer me anything? or is its target market different?

I agree,I have Iplayer/freeview hd + recorder Youview offers nothing new,just another cash outlay that we can do without.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i think a major selling point of youview is that with the epg you can scroll backwards - select a program and watch it.. thats a very neat feature to have.. will there be a your(sat) equivalent i wonder? i assume unlike freesat which can be used in ireland to pick up channels the IP pert of Youview will be restricted to Uk only like the bbc iplayer is etc?

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
micks_address said:
i assume unlike freesat which can be used in ireland to pick up channels the IP pert of Youview will be restricted to Uk only like the bbc iplayer is etc?

Which is where a VPN comes in

TRENDING THREADS